Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
This is to follow on from Rob's (FXR800)comments made in the Ford Newcastle's Racing Day thread, and I feel the subject is important enough to have its own Topic for open discussion.
I totally agree with Rob's comment. The Club needs to expand it wings from our Sydney base to cater for our country area members.
I mentioned this to Kon and Jeff at the All Ford Day last week, and we agreed in principle that something needs to happen,
bearing in mind that "our" Club is still in it's infancy, and the committee is working hard to come to terms with our rapid growth, just here in Sydney.

For the regional branch concept to happen and work well, we will need the commitment from our country area members to make it a success. I was impressed that people from as far away from Newcastle and Wollongong came on the run to Bathurst, to me that shows commitment.

For example, if we were to form regional branch's at say Newcastle/Wollongong/Bathurst/Canberra, it will take some setting up and the appointed sub-committee's will need to organise area meetings, recruitment drives, Club runs/displays, etc.

So here's your chance to put your case forward to the Club Committee.

Lets all pitch in and help take "our" club to the next level.

Regards,
Steve.

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Knowing several members in the central west region, as well as numerous XRs out this way. I think is a very valid point, keep the state identity but have the regional bases. I know I cant get to the Sydney meets, im sure alot are the same, you pay your membership fee (which im more than happy to pay!) but being regional you do feel isolated somewhat from the big smoke....

M

·
0 Posts
Agreed. Ever since the Newy boys started showing their interest and sincerity, I had no doubt that eventually they would have the numbers and the drive to make it happen.

I think as Steve said above, we should probably get the "home base" up to par before doing too much on the regional chapters, but having said that there's no harm in starting some organisation for these places! :)

Looking forward to the next club meeting!! It's great to be back in the thick of it all.. not 850km away! :)

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Glad to see that caused some response....thats what it was meant to do and not put the club down.
I think its about time we got out of infancy !!! we have been going 2 years now!

I agree with Mike that the base to get things right before we can look at other branches, but lets get things going!!

A club is more than an excellent web site!!

cheers
Rob

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah these regional branch's sound like a great idea, but i do believe that our main branch gets sorted first. Also i think if we do have these regional branch's we should have a club gathering at all these places throughout the year to avoid separation and branches going off in there own tangent. I don't mind driving to all the regions as long as everyone is together.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello all,

Yes, I agree that the Sydney based club does need some work, but that will come with time and help from "ALL" the members, not just relying on the current committee to do everything.

Can I offer another angle on the regional Branch idea. Lets say we can set up four regional branch's where ever they will be located, and each branch can attract 20 members to each meeting, that is going to give our club 80 more people than we presently get to our Sydney meetings, to throw around idea's every month.
Lets use it as a constant brain storming session. (sorry one to many training seminars)

I feel setting up these regional branch's will take a lot of pressure of our main committee so they can concentrate on the function of the Sydney based club.

For example if each branch took a turn in coming up with an idea for a club run/function, you would only need to come up with something twice a year. I dont think that would be to hard to organise.
We know the members are keen to travel, so activities in country area's would be well attended.

Hopefully we can get some more guys to comment on this subject, and put thier idea's forward. I will bring this subject up at the next meeting and see what comes of the discussion.

Nice to catch up with you guys,
Regards,
Steve.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello All,

Well, the next Meeting is on Tuesday night 14/8/01.
There does not seem to be many comments or expressions of interest from the country members.
Surely there is more people interested than just Rob and DKmaj.

Do I go to bat for you on Tuesday night, or are we going to let this slide ?
The ball is your court.

Please advise.

Regards,
Steve.

N

·
0 Posts
Steve 5L Ghia:

I'm all for it, lets get things moving. If something is not undertaken soon we will end up with a number on splinter groups. Two years "Infancy" Melbourne one a Premiership after two year's in the NRL/Super league..

Hit a six for me Steve....

Nipper (In Newy...)

V

·
0 Posts
I am also interested in becoming a club member but cannot make the meetings in Sydney.
I work in Sydney on the weekends and dont fancy travelling there twice a week.
There are plenty of tickfords and xr's getting about Newcastle and i reckon with a bit of advertising and exposure there will be alot of people from this area willing to join.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts