Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, am new to this site having just traded a disasterous xr6t auto on a Blueprint 5 speed man GT No 732. Awesome car.
I had a lot of drama on the T trying to get a unichip to co-operate and in the end I got so frustrated I got rid of the thing. I don't think they live up to the expectations that some motoring mags would have us believe.
Any way the GT is an absolutely fantastic car. I have done a cold air induction and BMC filter and was wondering if anybody on this forum has replaced the rear muffler with twin hot dogs or a straight through rear muffler. If so I would appreciate any feedback re setup, sound, power gains or losses, etc.
Also any info on inherent problems in these cars would be helpful so that I can have the dealer check the car over on the 3000klm service.
Great site this one. Cheers

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase of the GT,im sure you will enjoy it.i had mine chiped and the full exhaust done with the open mouth air induction and not a problem to date.
Have you got the stripes on the Blueprint?
Cheers John

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you have got yourself a nice new toy. What are the options if any?? If you get a chance how about a few pics.

Cheers

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Welcome aboard mate,sound's like a lovely vehicle you have there I hope you have better luck with it than your T.

·
Registered
760 Posts
warning!!!
do not ajust your driving patterns
fpv have taken controll of your right foot and left hand.
you are now entering the gt zone..
you will experience power on power.

enjoy!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you gents. My car is 5 speed, sports wheel, tint, visors and mats and silver stripes. One hell of an improvement over the turbo. More mid range, much more top end, and much more driveable on the open road.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Greetings & welcome Hypnodoc
welcome to the site, & post some pic's soon

regards
rod

·
APS Phase 3 Ute
262 Posts
Hi Doc,

Fancy meeting you here!
How's th GT goin'?
We had a meet at Calder this past weekend and had about a dozen FPV vehicles turn up, very cool site seeing them all lined up next to each other. Gotta admit, would make a good second car !

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Welcome on board. You will enjoy much better engine performance after 10000km - I remember getting mine and thinking "Is this REALLY 290kw?????" Now at 17000km I can't get enough and blow the fuel consumption it's gonna spend some time over 3600rpm every single trip.

As for problems, I won't go there because mine's a ute.

AP.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
100% said:
Hi Doc,

Fancy meeting you here!
How's th GT goin'?
Hey 100%, how you doing. The GT is going superbly, no sleepless nites with unichip and FMC gremlins. Just trying to find some info re exhaust mods and Inherent GT problems. Got 2 forums to visit now. This one is all new but I'm getting the hang of it. I'm gonna let the GT rack up a few Klm before I go silly like on the T :wnc:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Rick,
Well, you found the best site for good honest critique on the FPV 'stable'. Some very knowledgable people here mate, the fox is in for her first service on Thursday, getting the little annoying probs sorted out, minor paint defects under the bonnet, cold air induction scoop fitted correctly, tint on rear window re-done, Momo gear knob put on straight you know the major stuff. Awesome cars eh???

Cheers,
Al

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi Al, mate the GT makes the Ts look a bit ordinary I reckon, no comparison, although it will be interesting to see what the new FPV turbo looks and goes like. I'm putting my T ownership down to an expensive and mostly unpleasant experience, but onwards and upwards eh?
I have 2000klm on the car now and just put a Manta "twin 2.5 hotdog centre muffler" in today this has made a nicer note and better low down power, from what I've heard there isn't much kW value for money re-doing the whole system.
Like all carefully made Australian products 732 has some teething probs, leaking diff cover, scratches on 2 rims from new etc, etc. :AAHHH:
I'm going to rack up another 1000klm by next thurs so I can get the 3000klm service done and have the sports wheel and mats fitted. Decided to leave this baby alone, bar the Batten induction and underdrive pulleys
I have tried to ring the JB driving school and just get there answering machine instead. From what I've heard they and yourself just thrash the hell out of your car for the day. Uh Uh no thanks, I think I'll give it a miss, not into punishing near new engines. :fraz:
Anyway mate good to meet you here, and I'll wait to hear when Davo is back so we can go on that run to the winery, looking forward to it cheers :wnc:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts