Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glenn Seton and Craig Lowndes have swapped numbers for the 2004 season. The new liverys for both cars will be on show at the Melbourne Motor Show.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Why would Seto give up his No.5? He has had that number for years prior to his stint with No.1 and the old No.30. I think it is a Lowndes thing.... typical.

·
We Love Greb Murpy
3,022 Posts
waht teh fcuk?

You have to be joking! where'd you hear this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's on the FPR website. I think FPR have tried to make it like that so as people recognise Lowndes is the lead driver, but i don't like it. Especially when Setons had that number for so long.

Attachments

·
17" is for 4cyc
1,859 Posts
It doesn't matter to me about the numbers......the only number which matters is 1......
For marketing purposes eg. Brock 05 or like Rossi 46 prefer to keep their number instead of using the 1 plate.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Seton hasnt really had no. 5 for all that long. Back in the Peter Jackson days he was always no. 30 or no.1 but I dont really see why they would swap with Lowndes

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dumb idea!!!! Seto has been #5 for years now & should remaind that way... Bloody David flint., I'm not happy Jan!!!!!

Maybe they should spend more time making decisions that will make the cars go faster, than ones that will only shit people for no reason!!!

·
2,922 Posts
How many championships did Seton win with the number 5?

How many did he win with the number 30?

Tim

·
Joe5619 said:
Dumb idea!!!! Seto has been #5 for years now & should remaind that way... Bloody David flint., I'm not happy Jan!!!!!

Maybe they should spend more time making decisions that will make the cars go faster, than ones that will only shit people for no reason!!!
I dont think its a stupid decision i just dont see the point of it, is it really going to make a difference? now people with gear that has Seton and the number 5 and the people that have lowndes gear with the number 6 on it will be pissed off

·
17" is for 4cyc
1,859 Posts
^^^thats a good point above, clothing becomes obselete in a year wouldn't that peev you off.............

·
Registered
103 Posts
heheheheh I have to laugh!!!

It seems we must get read in high places!!! The FPR website was now changed the numbers back to Seto as #5 & Lowndes as # 6!!! Must have been a typo!!!

All faith is resorted David flint!!! I'm now HAPPY jan!!!

·
mmm... Ford
119 Posts
Good to hear, I found out about it today and was hoping that someone screwed up (bigtime)

Bluedriver said:
^^^thats a good point above, clothing becomes obselete in a year wouldn't that peev you off.............
I hope they don't lose sponsorship or anything other wise all this years gear becomes out of date, suppose its no big deal appart from the fact that they will have to redesign it all.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts