Ford Forums banner

Where does the falcons NVH Levels need to improve?

• Engine Noise

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Rattles, Squeaks

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Driveline vibration

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Suspension

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets talk NVH in falcons.
I am intersted to know what sort of levels of squeaks, rattles, vibrations, niggly little pesky sounds people have in their falcons.

I'll Start. my AUII doesnt really have any big ones. Just a small occasional one from the glove box.

And the door seals right next to your ear makes a click click click click noise. its soft, but a pain in the arse.

There is still the issue of wind noise at 100k's plus.

My Old 98 Laser was FULL of rattles after about 1 month. Dash, Door and rear parcel shelf rattles. I must admit the falcon has held up 1000% better.

Anyone else like to share? :confused:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Ok, I'll play! The noises mine makes are usually circumstantial, like tyre noise at over 120kph. Every now and then there's a bit of a squeak that comes from the clutch pedal on depression, but not all the time. I haven't suffered the plastic on plastic dash squeaks that others have, thankfully. There's a touch of diff whine, but this is normal :) Oh, and I think I might need the front right bearings repacked or replaced, they're a bit squeaky now and then (not that I've been subjecting the front end to high braking temperatures :evil: :evil: ) The interior isn't quite as quiet as an AU2 with the new firewall, but that's to be expected. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. Certainly there's no noises that are repetitive or intrusive (except that lovely exhaust note :wink2: )

Mike

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
jaytyn said:
I'll Start. my AUII doesnt really have any big ones. Just a small occasional one from the glove box.

And the door seals right next to your ear makes a click click click click noise. its soft, but a pain in the arse.
Those are the only two issues I have with my Falcon. The glove box doesn't really bother me, but the drivers window is a pain in the arse... I've had it checked by my dealer twice and it's still there...

T

·
0 Posts
I do have one small problem in my AUII woody mobile.
Not related to glovebox or window or rattles, just plain old simple NVH.

No
Vehicle
Horsepower

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Well i think this is a good thread that i've dug up from back in the days. For all other AUII/AUIII owners here, what noises are you guys experiencing in their car.

I have a small rattle under the water melon centre console facia, though it seems to cure it self after some foam. It happens on rough roads.
The window chatter is there but i think i've eliminated some of the sound with foam between the rubber seals.

Last of all the infamous XR6 HP Manual driveline NVH issues, though i've learnt to ignore it now. :s3 :s5

Apart from that i think at cruising speed the NVH on the AUII/AUIII is excellent.

·
Crikey
2,015 Posts
Count me in for all those mentioned. The driveline noises are the ones that bug me the most, they are very intrusive. Please GP can you hurry up with a fix for these.

Since the recent trip to QLD the suspension is now also a hell of a lot noiser.

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
I do have one small problem in my AUII woody mobile.
Not related to glovebox or window or rattles, just plain old simple NVH.

No
Vehicle
Horsepower
DOC!!??!!?? Is that really you? Have you finally returned to the flock after a years absence???

:s5

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discovery said:
D'Oh! Didn't read it carefully enough...

Whatever happened to Doc anyway? Does anyone know??

:cool:
Sh!t I fell for that too. Where did he go anyway??:shrug: :shrug: :shifty:

·
864 Posts
Same - AUIII - rattle behind glove box, squeak from clutch pedal, click from driver's window - the stereo does hide most!

They aren't annoying enough (yet) for me to allow one of the goons to pull dash/door apart 'cos I know I'll end up with even more noises!!

However the real prob is the driveline - am still waiting for Mr Ford to repace clutch and gearbox as promised 2 months ago!!!

·
2,153 Posts
jaytyn said:
same. dealer has checked it out at least 3-4 times no solution other than turn up the radio. Might try Gary's suggestion.

-dash starts making crackling noises for about 5 minutes after the climate control heater is on.

-auto transmission makes that a 'taxi like' whinning sound as it changes gears at lower speeds in the lower gears. Changes are spot on so I think it's just a Falcon trait.

I also thought for a sec. Doc was back.

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
Argh, that clutch pedal squeak drives me nuts!

I've got a clicky (sounds like an electronic-y click sound) door lock button, squeaks n rattles from various trim spots, such as ther drivers side dash under the windscreen, the central console and the enar the glove box.

Still, none more annoying than my clutch/gearbox/driveshaft/diff/whatever bloody part-grinding noise, which I'm now hearing in second gear, as well and third/fourth!! Where is that fix!!!

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
Apart from the tailshaft noise when releasing the throttle at around 80kms, my AUII is as quiet as a mouse. I don't have any of the noise you guys are experiencing. It's only done 12500kms but even my AUI at 45000 had no rattles or squeaks.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Donut King said:
nope gaz dug up an old old thread
Wooops, sorry. Didn't mean to fool everyone about the return of the Infamous Doc. :eek:o1: :eek:o1:

Yeah be nice if Ford will come up with that fix for the driveline noise, and we all have proved it here, it's on all XR6 HP Manuals.
Ford we need a fix please......

·
502 Posts
The only rattle/squeak/click on the XR8 was the plastic mould around the seat belt mount on the door pillar. apart from that Ive just noticed a metal type rattle from drivers rear side, might be exhaust :ihi: otherwise all is ok.:tup:

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hehe dont you just love the noise the dash makes when you have the heater on??

Creaaaakk Grrrroooooneeeee Crrreeeaaaak

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
20 Participants
svo347
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing