Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I have a 1997 Crown Vic with 190,000 Miles in it.

I was having problems shifting gears (It would stall and would Jump after pushing hard on the gas pedal. )

After going to my mechanic.....everything went well with a standard tune up and tweakes on my transmission.

I noticed my O/D Flashes when I start the car and goes away after a a few minutes while I am driving.
Now if I RUN my car at about 65mph and over....My car completely shuts downs and won't go above 10mph. I need to turn off my car and start up to get it going again. Happend twice so far. Also, while the O/D light is flashing...my first gear shift feels as if something was hitting it/or jumping to the next gear....but once the O/D light is gone...it shifts quite nicely.

I did got back to my mechanic and checked the computer and told me I may need to change the electronic pressure Cellanoid in my transmission.

I drove it over a 100 miles today and after my car shut down in the morning...I began driving to not overpass the 60 mph marker and my car worked magnificant all day. No Shifting problems at all......

Does anyone have any recommendations or has had this problem before???

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Unregistered said:
Hey

I was having problems shifting gears (It would stall and would Jump after pushing hard on the gas pedal. )

After going to my mechanic.....everything went well with a standard tune up and tweakes on my transmission.

I noticed my O/D Flashes when I start the car and goes away after a a few minutes while I am driving.
Now if I RUN my car at about 65mph and over....My car completely shuts downs and won't go above 10mph. I need to turn off my car and start up to get it going again. Happend twice so far. Also, while the O/D light is flashing...my first gear shift feels as if something was hitting it/or jumping to the next gear....but once the O/D light is gone...it shifts quite nicely.

I did got back to my mechanic and checked the computer and told me I may need to change the electronic pressure Cellanoid in my transmission.

I drove it over a 100 miles today and after my car shut down in the morning...I began driving to not overpass the 60 mph marker and my car worked magnificant all day. No Shifting problems at all......

Thanks
I am having the same problem with my 96 Grand Marquis, when i start the car and drive it for maybe 10 minutes the o/d light doesnt flash, after that the o/d light starts flashing.... what could be causing this problem? Have also been told to check the cellanoid, dont know what to do!

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey

Thanks
Selonoid for tourque converter is probably last step. Don't forget these couple years have 4 diff tranny options, all very crappy, of course my 97vic has the worst one and I am dealing with some similar things, not as bad as I. I've got 150k on mine.they get tired....
Good luck..

· Super Moderator
19,273 Posts
Selonoid for tourque converter is probably last step. Don't forget these couple years have 4 diff tranny options, all very crappy, of course my 97vic has the worst one and I am dealing with some similar things, not as bad as I. I've got 150k on mine.they get tired....
Good luck..
You have replied to a 16 year old post , probably got it fixed by now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.