Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
slikxb
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a handbrake that was foot operated, in some sort of fairlane at a wreckers. Now I want it, the car has been crushed. I'm trying to find out what car it was. It was definately a 70's fairlaine but may have been a swanky one. Maybe LTD, P5, Marquis??
It also had a rear seat with headrests which I reckon would suit my XB.
Also do electric windows in XB's use the same door trims as nomal (do the switches go where the winder usually goes).
Thanks for your help.

·
Proudly Average
1,305 Posts
i know ZH Marquises had them... they ran from 76-78. Earlier models may have too. probably the easiest way to score a foot brake is check out a holden wreckers for torana's. Shouldn;t be hard to weld brackets up.

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
If you have ever driven a car with a foot brake then you wouldn't want one!

I always found them to be a pain in the arse. Mildly worse than the umbrella handbrake

·
Registered
407 Posts
70's LTDs also had them. Pain to use. Although our brand new work Tarago has one (must be trendy). XB switches were higher up the door trim than the manual winder hole.

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
Jamie XR6 said:
If you have ever driven a car with a foot brake then you wouldn't want one!

I always found them to be a pain in the arse. Mildly worse than the umbrella handbrake
true. especially when you have to release it. and i dont think a hand brake start would be possible if you converted a fairlane to manual.

·
slikxb
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is a manual. So I might ditch that idea if they suck to use. Thanks. Is a LTD rear seat,(with the headrests), a slip in fit into xb or are they bigger (wider)?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Rear seat should drop in as Falcs and Fairlanes/LTDs were the same width. Main difference was in wheelbase length (have a look at the rear doors between a Falc and a Fairlane and this is really obvious!).

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
greetings all
you will find that most cars fitted with a bench seat & columb auto have a foot opperated hand brake

regards
rod

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
Good idea not getting a foot brake. If you have ever pulled the lever to release them, you realise how much damage they'll do to your shin.

·
Registered
16 Posts
BlackSnakeEA said:
i know ZH Marquises had them... they ran from 76-78. Earlier models may have too. probably the easiest way to score a foot brake is check out a holden wreckers for torana's. Shouldn;t be hard to weld brackets up.

My mate had a ZG ( i think ) Fairlane with the foot operated one and damn that think busted my shins a few times. Very annoying things. You really wouldnt want one of these, they are a serious pain. Trust me, i should know. Ouch!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts