Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.. that is really strange. I was looking over at ebay today and came across a 1992 Tempo GL four door that had a picture of the odometer very prominent in the description. Here it is:

http://home.kscable.com/salvage/tempo/odometer.jpg

The car is said to have 100,432 miles on it. What got me was there was no 1 before the 00,432. My speedometer has a place for the hundred thousand digit, you can see it here:

http://www.zianet.com/tempohiperformance/images/spaz10.jpg

So, I want to know who has what. I have a 93 GS with the sport cluster (w/tach) and it has a 7 digit odometer (6 plus one place past the decimal).

What do you have?

·
Tempo- Rich and Meaty
41 Posts
My 89 GL is just like the one in the first picture, only going up to 99,999.9.

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your GL have the sport cluster or the standard cluster?

·
Tempo- Rich and Meaty
41 Posts
It has the standard cluster with no trip odometer. And if I remember correctly, my old roomates 93 GL with the standard cluster only went up to 99999.9, too.

G

·
This is typical Ford stuff. They seem to build their cars with whatever parts they have left in the parts bin. Just FYI, both my 88 topaz and 94 GS(with sport cluster) have 6 digits+the decimal. But it's in km and I think all Canadian cars have been required to have the 6th digit for many years now.

·
Topaz XR5 Member
9 Posts
canadian models

I think olympic was right...all the years I have worked at the ford dealership here in town I never came across a tempo or any other car for that matter that had only 5 spaces plus decimal......even my 86 tempo I had a long time ago before the GLS, with standard cluster and no trip, came with 6 plus 1....the canadian cars and trucks came with the 7 space cluster....kms. rack up faster than miles also......just to show how much better canadians are.....JUST BUGGIN" GUYS!!! : ) I have no probs. with americans....but that is my two cents about the clusters........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts