Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some splits yesterday. Took the trim off to install them. Got them in, sound great.....but my drivers side door wont lock. The button goes up and down but won't lock.

When the button is up it seems little higher than the rest. Is this the reason, I have tried to push it onto the rod further but it won't go. If this is the problem, any hints would be great. or if you know another reason why it fails to lock let me now. At the moment I'm driving aund hoping no one bothers to try my door......

Thanks.
Mikey.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
You can manually lock it with the key, as for whats broken, i dunno, but my passanger door is the same I just havnt got around to looking at it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Oh yes, that works. Thanks dood.

I'd still like to know how to really fix it tho if n e 1 nows how.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't do. I got square buttons so they wont spin around :(

It' ok cause at least can manually lock it.
But I'd really like to know how to fix it, cause its real annoying hving to wait for mates to get out b4 I lock all the doors.

Ohwell, n e 1 else have a suggestion?

·
WHAT THE?
925 Posts
pull the lock button off, wind down the window, close the door, lock the door with the key, pull the inner plastic out of the lock button using a pointy object and maybe some pliers, then place it over the locking rod and smack it down flat with the trim with your hand.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Probably the trim bent the linkage when it went back on?
Gotta be worth a look :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

I'll give it a try. when i put it on before the door might have been unlocked, could that be where the problem occured?

But anyway I'll hav another go tonight and get back to you with how it oes.
Thanks for all your help.

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Whatever you do, don't bash it!! I had the same problem every time I took off my door trims. Try SPHELL's solution which should work. You don't wanna be forking out $30+ for another door actuator!!!

·
WHAT THE?
925 Posts
Aussiblue said:
Sphell's solution is in accord with Ford's workshop manual's instructions.

HAHAHA is it? I just wrote down what I do everytime I have to take off those trims....seems to work for me ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts