Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 82 Vic for an oil change and the guy said the valve attched to the oil filler cap (PCV?) was plugged. He offered to replace it for 10 bucks. Hey, I figure I can clean it with a bit of solvent. Am I on the right track?

·
Registered
833 Posts
No. There's an actual valve in there that solvent won't be able to clean without making it worth more than the ten bucks. Go to the parts store and get a new one. It's a matter of sliding each end off the connector and sliding the new one on. Can be done in under a minute.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Freshmeat said:
No. There's an actual valve in there that solvent won't be able to clean without making it worth more than the ten bucks. Go to the parts store and get a new one. It's a matter of sliding each end off the connector and sliding the new one on. Can be done in under a minute.
Thanks. I checked its operation and it has lots of suction at idle on the manifold rocker end, and the valve clicks when I pinch off the hose at idle. Also there is no evidence of oil in the air cleaner side, so i assume the valve is working. Think he wanted to upsell my oil change...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts