Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Generic/Other

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
I didn't vote because I'll use whatevers cheapest at the time as IMO it makes no difference whatsoever.

Rick.

·
Super Moderator
3,722 Posts

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
im pretty sure the ryco Z9 and motorcraft ones are exactly the same, just that they're labelled differently.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Yep, darn tootin.

The best ones to get are the filters with the bypass in the open end of the filter. Motorcraft american ones, Wix 51515 are two that come to mind.

On a normal filter with the bypass at the closed end, when the bypass opens, all the crud in the bottom of the filter is washed back on to the bearings.

With the bypass at the thread end, the oil does not wash over any filter material at all and the oil does not pick up any gunk.

That's the theory anyway.

cheers:beer:

·
AU3 Falcon XR8 Ute (auto)
357 Posts
I've used Motorcraft so far, but I wanna get a System 1 reuseable one - They seem really good (as far as specs/features etc. but I've never seen or tried one as yet).

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
I use motocraft and I also change it along with my oil Every 5000 km.

·
Registered
102 Posts
try k&n oil filter z9 equivalent verry good!!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
how much and how long do the K & N filters last just out of curosity

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
Hard Driver Oil filter
$20 a pop

·
Registered
102 Posts
the k&n aint cheap just like the air filters lol about $25 from autobarn but it doesnt matter how long they last as u should always change filter with oil change anyway

·
Super Moderator
3,722 Posts
Fram ay?
Fram
Years ago Fram was a quality filter manufacturer. Now their standard filter (the radioactive orange cans) is one of the worst out there. These filters are manufactured by Allied Signal, Inc. Please do not buy these filters. By boycotting it, we may be able to cause some change. I have personally had one if these filters fail and actually cause engine damage due to bits of paper and glue floating around in the engine.
from http://www.angelfire.com/indie/truck/oilfilterstudy.htm

·
Registered
847 Posts
I would get a synthetic one from the states or better yet a coopers filter that you can get from AutoBahn.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Fram would have to be the worst oil filter ever made. Cardboard end caps, dodgy bypass valve, horrible orange colour :)

I have heard the Cooper filter is good, but haven't tried it yet. I don't think I would pay $20 for an oil filter that is changed every 5,000 k's.

cheers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts