Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Vehicle is a 2010 Ford Taurus 3.5L. There's been puddles of oil under the car and I can't find the leak. The dealer couldn't find it either. The other day I was under the hood doing something and noticed oil inside the lip of the part pictured. Part is located on the valve cover closest to the front of the vehicle. Question I have is what is this sensor? Someone told me a valve cover pressure sensor and someone else said a variable camshaft timing solenoid. Does anyone know if there's a gasket for this sensor that could be compromised causing oil to leak from there?

Other than the sitting oil in the lip of the pictured part, there's really no other sign of leaking from way up top. There's oil residue all over the front of the engine (alternator, belt and pulleys).

Any help would be great!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response.

Is the VCT a known issue on a 2010 Taurus? I can't find anything on the inter webs, but I did come across oil leaks being an issue due to VCT o-ring failures on Ford Focus'...

I'm assuming the only way to replace these solenoids is to remove the valve cover? Again, no info on the web, no vids, nothing.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,687 Posts
Not that I know of, but it is a 2010. Seals break down over time and heat cycles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts