Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Ford F150 4.2 I was having trouble with this truck running very rough about a year ago. I changed about every sensor on it including the EGR, plugs, wires, coil pack, etc. and still ran like crap so I decided to take a valve cover off and low and behold a broken valve spring. Darn code reader never gave me a code for that lol. Anyways, at that point I tore the motor down to taking the heads off had them worked on by a local shop. I got everything almost back together only to realize I had failed to purchase a new oil pump and had read it is best to put a new one on. So I ran out picked one up and the pressure relief valve seems like it is slightly larger for the hole I'll n the timing cover. I'm just a DIy guy and this is actually my first time doing a job this big automotivly. I did a little research and read if the bore is warped for the valve throw away the timing cover and get a new one. I've already busted the seams of my wallet on this project on a truck at the end of the day I can makeprobably only get $1500 for at best and a timing cover is over $300 any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. Didn't know if I shod try to tap it into the hole, bore the hole out slightly?? Again some thoughts?? Thanks in advance for any help guys.

·
Super Moderator
8,654 Posts
I understand your consternation, but something I don't understand, if the bore was warped, wouldn't it be too big for the pump? I'd question as to whether you have the right pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts