Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...basically my cars paint has been abused to the sh#thouse! 4 years in the Darwin sun, run ins with car doors and some bastard with battery acid/brake fluid dont do good things to a Galaxy AU. As a result my paint is very faded and i have alot of scratches and down the drivers side there is alot of eaten away paint in various sized patches trails. A couple of the guys from the xmas krooz have seen the damage and its pretty aweful looking up close. I cant afford a respray and im wondering if anyone else has any suggestions about what i can do to fix it? will a respray be my only option? Thanks guys, i will try to add some pics if i can!

P.S - Does anyone know how much an AU classic interior would set me back? i hate the grey of the forte and after checkin Steve's out on the weekend i wouldnt mind dropping one of them in!

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Buy some nu-finish and put in some elbow grease maybe, and keep it well waxed after that.

Turtle wax make wax the colour of the car so that might help also :0)

Jason

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That will prob take care of a few of the scratches but in places the paint has been eaten down to metal and has tiny little spider-web style cracks all over it. Its really bad:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts