Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have thought about it and researched a bit about the fords and with 10,000 by april next year i think i could afford either an ED XR6 or an ED Fairmont Ghia. Unless ofcourse i can pick up an EF those cars will be my choice. I would probably try and find a manual if not it probably wouldnt really bother me.

I just wanted to know your points of views on these models and what is the difference between them is performance the same...etc.

So basically just help me out with the decision i dont mind the look of either i do like the XR6 lights better but.

Thanks heaps

·
now with EF power!
891 Posts
Menco,

The XR6 will go harder, and look tougher. The Ghia will look classier and have a better interior / more options. The Ghia will still go quite nicely but not as fast as the XR6.

Generally you'll find (around gladstone and rocky anyway) that the XR6s would have been thrashed more than the Ghias but if you find one with low K's that has been looked after then it shouldn't matter.

Personally i would go the XR6 if i could find a manual, if i couldnt then i'd probably want the Ghia.

It all comes down to what you want / what you plan to do with it.

·
XD V8 Owner
621 Posts
Menco said:
I have thought about it and researched a bit about the fords and with 10,000 by april next year i think i could afford either an ED XR6 or an ED Fairmont Ghia. Unless ofcourse i can pick up an EF those cars will be my choice. I would probably try and find a manual if not it probably wouldnt really bother me.
By April 04 $10,000 you should be able to get an EF XR6 off a private buyer. Per Redbook range is $8,600 - $11,000 for a EF XR6 manual. http://www.redbook.com.au/Vehiclesearch/price.asp?key=FORD95BU

This would definetly be my choice given your price range.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i cant afford and find a nice EF i would deffinetely go for one but then there is the ghia in that model too?

·
XD V8 Owner
621 Posts
Menco said:
if i cant afford and find a nice EF i would deffinetely go for one but then there is the ghia in that model too?
Sure they make a ghia in EF, but hey I personally prefer the XR for their sportier looks and feel for the sacrifice of a small number of extra electrical options and hey I'm just a little bias being in an FPV/Tickford club, which is of course full of XRs. I myself drive a ELXR8.

Once you have driven a EF XR6 you would soon forget about a EF Fairmont Ghia :driver: (well thats my opinion anyway)

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Have the best of both worlds: a series II EF Fairmont Ghia. Fairmont luxuries and XR performance!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think its gonna be to much for an EL im gonna struggle tryin to make 10 grand cuz i wont be workin much between now and when i can get my car because of school

1 - 11 of 11 Posts