Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely make rash decisions, but today I did - and signed on the dotted line for a near-new AUII XR6! :D

Yeah, it's not an *8* - I know, but the budget was hammered enough as it was, and an 8 is just a bit too much, considering fuel/insurance etc. As I was looking for something 2nd hand, I was limited by choice as well. I deadset refuse to drive an auto trans, and finding a manual is hard as hell. I did find one, and it turned out to be a rather nice find. :thumbup:

It's an ex-Ford company vehicle, optioned to the hilt - except for the bodykit upgrade, but I can add that later. It has the sunroof, premium sound package (250W), the momo stuff and 17" alloys. Best of all, it's black! :evil: Looks like it came fresh out of the factory, minus that new car smell. :D

Pending Ford Credit approval, I'll have the bugger by the weeks end, after they add the alarm and new tint. :evil: That gives me time to sort out the garage - which has been started already - so that any future theft attempts are harder (but never theft proof. :fmad: )

Should the old baby be found (as unlikely as it is) I'll sell it, since some prick tainted it. :fmad:

Thanks again for the support, I'll be heading to Melbourne in Oct hopefully in this one.

Oh, and the future number plate? VNMSXR. :evil: :D

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Hey, sounds the goods mate!! :cool: :thumbup: :wink2:

Gotta love black .. :damack: :damack:

Shall you be gracing our club with your presence? :) We'd love to have you on board!

Cheers
Mike

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Well done buddy! (six is close to 8...... sort of)
Where'd you buy from?
Sounds nicely optioned - particularly the premium sound which ROCKS real nice!

Meantime Aussie Pete is gonna be waiting for long time
:(

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Yeah congratulations, sounds like a really nice car, especially in the manual guise. The car will look awesome with the 17's of the XR8. I'm a manual kind of guy my self. Just wondering is your car the XR6 HP or VCT????

·
7,777 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Yeah congratulations, sounds like a really nice car, especially in the manual guise. The car will look awesome with the 17's of the XR8. I'm a manual kind of guy my self. Just wondering is your car the XR6 HP or VCT????
Good point. The VCT would be a major advantage with that awesome IRS.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Yeah for sure, the IRS is a world of difference than live axle especially against my good ol horse n cart leaft springs. Yay...
:D :D :D

yeah power is pretty decent too for the VCT at 172kw. HP is 164kw.

·
7,777 Posts
Power is higher but power to weight lower.

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Mike, I'll join for sure - application will be in the mail soon. :D

The car was bought from Sinclair Ford in Penrith, though I'd actually started from Thomson Ford in Parra and worked my way back home. The buying experience was a little more unusual than it has been before. Ford dealers were having a sale weekend, and part of the gimmick was each dealer had one of those 'cash booth' where they blow around money and you catch as much as you can in 15 secs. I scored $255 - doesn't sound much, but it was mostly $5s n $10s - and it wasn't easy! :D That ended up as a discount on the extras.

Also had a $500 off the car or $500 worth of FTR apparel (jackets, hats etc) deal - I took the $500 off, but asked and got a GMS tshirt thrown in. :evil:

Unfortunately, the car isn't VCT. That's was the biggest 'umm' element of buying it, as the IRS would have been great, whereas the mere 8kW power difference wasn't such a worry.

·
7,777 Posts
You got more than me with the giveaways!!! Although I did get the TE50 for 24 hours.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I wonder if you're going to put a big red stripe down the middle. Would be to predictable but different.:damack:

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hadn't thought of that! haha. :D

Speaking of stripes, Sinclair Ford had one of the white Falcons with the blue Cobra stripes. I think in past post those were Futuras? This one was a Forte. The sales guys were almost as bemused as I was by it - terrible attempt to appeal to mindless revheads. :WH:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Congrats on the pickup VENOM S, or should I say VNMSXR:p. It's unfortunate that something bad happened that made you upgrade, but I'm sure when you pick up the XR you feel just fine:wink2:

Can somebody provide details of Ford's premium sound system? What gear do they use, how many speakers, and are there sub(s) in the package??

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Venom, congrats, make sure you post some pictures of your new baby!!!

Sounds beautiful... I am to put a AU2 XR front on my AU2 falcon one day.. Cost is the problem here ;)

BTW, how much did you pay for the XR?

·
7,777 Posts
JEM said:
Congrats on the pickup VENOM S, or should I say VNMSXR:p. It's unfortunate that something bad happened that made you upgrade, but I'm sure when you pick up the XR you feel just fine:wink2:
Can somebody provide details of Ford's premium sound system? What gear do they use, how many speakers, and are there sub(s) in the package??
Ford Premium sound is 6 stack in dash CD unit, 250W, 11 speakers, separate amplifiers. Best money you can spend - it rocks for a standard factory system. I paid around $440 to option this system over the XR8 100W system.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Venom S said:
Yeah Mike, I'll join for sure - application will be in the mail soon. :D
Ah that's the spirit!! :cool: :D :thumbup:

You won't be wanting to miss our Bathurst run in a few months time! Yeeeeeeha! :gok:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
I'll cya at the Bathurst run Mike, heh the mountain is just about right off my back doorstep.
Although I don't have an XR :fmad:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Just like to add my congrats as well. Sounds like a great buy and with your music taste the sound system is a bonus as you will be able to make great use of it. Well done!

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
Very Nice car VenomS - I too would love to see some pics when you get around to it :), I reckon it'll look absolutely fantastic.

Congrats!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
14 Participants
Venom XR
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing