Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so what does everyone do to dispose of the old engine oil they have when they change it? I've got 10 litres of it and need to get rid of it!

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
Years ago when I ran my the old 5.8 ZJ my solution was to drain and refill every 8,000 to 10,000. The oil was then used to top up my LJ Toranas red motor. The red motor was able to completely dispose of any old oil available.

Perhaps we could start up a similar scheme and help support our good friends running LS1s. :>

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
Most Waste Services runs Tips in NSW have a recylcing centre which will accept engine oil from the public.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
RED_EL_XR8 said:
Years ago when I ran my the old 5.8 ZJ my solution was to drain and refill every 8,000 to 10,000. The oil was then used to top up my LJ Toranas red motor. The red motor was able to completely dispose of any old oil available.

Perhaps we could start up a similar scheme and help support our good friends running LS1s. :>

Ho Ho, what a brilliant idea. :beer:

On a serious note, you can pour a bit round your wooden fence posts as a preservative. Also your local dump (tip) should have facilities to accept waste oil.

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
In the average year I dispose of a tens of thousands of litres of oil(though I doubt that the mobs I deal with would be interested in such small volumes) Most areas do have "oil recyclers" that will pay to take oil off yer hands if you have sufficient volumes(ie garages etc) Depending upon how you approach the topic with these garage/service centres they may take it off yer hands for nothing(this also goes for other fluids too - coolant is another especially nasty fluid that should be disposed of more thoughtfully then it usually is)

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
I take it to work and dump it in the oil drainers. Casper you should have brought your oil along with you today!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Mine goes straight in the lawn mower that our land lord provided us with. He was supposed to come back and do the garden I have not seen him once in 6 months. Otherwise just take it to your local tip, they will dispose of it free.

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
paint you fence with it - does wonders to help keep the fence nice

·
wanna be burn out king
965 Posts
i got a 44 in the courner of the shed when its full it goes to the tip and the oil from the workshop runs our kroll heater

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
speak to your local council for info on how and where to dispose of it...

·
FFing Festive
597 Posts
philbie said:
paint you fence with it - does wonders to help keep the fence nice
Looks cool too, especially if the missus plants roses and stuff in front of it. Blood red against a black background.

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
as long as youre not disposing of too much it makes a really good week killer

my uncle sprays it on his farm tracks too to keep the dust down...!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts