Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

just wondering if there is a type of coating or something that can bring my old extractors back to life. i have twin outlet 2v 250 extractors that are rusted but have no holes only surface stuff, im a bit worried though that if i sand them back it will take away too much metal and they might crack or something. Any ideas/prices?????

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
You could have them ceramic coated inside and out. Makes them last longer but it's quite expensive. Not sure for a six but my V8 cost around $400. Are 250 2V exctractors rare?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, not sure if they are rare or not but i am about to put the head on and just realised that i had extractors that i bought ages ago that fit and was really wondering if any type of coating would be cheaper than getting new ones. however ceramic coating would look pretty cool though. does anyone know if 2v extractors are rare?

·
Registered
330 Posts
freshinXR said:
hey, not sure if they are rare or not but i am about to put the head on and just realised that i had extractors that i bought ages ago that fit and was really wondering if any type of coating would be cheaper than getting new ones. however ceramic coating would look pretty cool though. does anyone know if 2v extractors are rare?
2V engines were fairly rare or uncommon at least, when they were new. I should think they are even more so now. The extractors may not be worth anything but I wouldn't throw them away.

U

·
0 Posts
i know that you can buy them but i was just wondering if there is a way to save them somehow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
All 2V 250's had Extractors Factory , On extractors I use a wire wheel on my die grinder then use Acid & Scourers to clean them & then give them a coat of POR15 Cast Iron Manifold Grey , everytime I use this stuff on Customers cars they are very impressed with the finish , It last well if rust cleaned off properly & is heat proof .

Cheers

Dave

U

·
0 Posts
sweet as ill try that. might enquire about the ceramic coating and see if it will strenghten them as well as heat proof them. thats my only concern is if i sand back the rust it might weaken them and crack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts