Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fully Sick Magna Driver
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of your have any old PC games? After I got my own comptuer a few weeks ago, I have decided to try and play some of these old games but then I realized that I dont have half of these games anymore after I leant them to someone and the d*ckhead never returned them.

Anyone out there know where I can get copies of old games (around 8 or 9 years old) ???

·
Fully Sick Magna Driver
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was mainly after Full Throttle, as this was our first game on PC and it took me so bloody long to finish. Theres a few more but I've forgotten. Do u know of any shops around Sydney that could stock these games?

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
You could try gametraders or something like that i know ones here in adelaide have a heap of old ones

Had the same thing with my PSX GT2 game, left it at gf's house and said her housemates could use it, but just dont save the game, so what did they do..saved the damn thing.. lost a heap of cars/money/time and all that, stopped playing the game for a good 6-8 months after that

·
Fully Sick Magna Driver
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got myself a copy of NFS underground in early december. Got up to race 90 out of 110 (soemthing like that) and guess what.... dad decides to format my hard drive. Great work dad.

Thanks Fordel, i'll try to track these guys down.

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
no worries rob_o.. if u have no luck maybe ebay or something ?

can have a look over here if u like, i goto them a bit

doh... dont you hate that when ppl format the drives

·
Mr Sensible...
115 Posts
Honestly you need to get your hands on building a older machine. Ideally a PII-III with a AGP VGA card capable of VESA(some of those fancy old dos games supported it)
driver you load for hi-res VGA in DOS. Matrox Milleniums or G200's are ideal as they have the best VESA support around or the S3 968 if you can get your hands on one.

64Mb of RAM is plenty. You should get your hands on a old Soundblaster ISA PNP Card (AWE32 is excellent I still have my card its over 7 years old) under a dual boot Dos 6.22/Win 3.11 and Win95 A Dual Boot. If you run QEMM 97 you should be able to run with 640Kb of COnventional and EMS XMS set to 32Mb +. That should make those old classics like Strike Commander, Doom, Rise of The Triads,Seal Team, Indycar Racing, F15III run like theres no tommorrow. A computer like this you can get around for about 100 bucks or less and will last you forever. Im a big fan of old dos games im only 25 and it makes me feel like a old fogie. DOS rocks forever !
After all WinXP is just a tarted up OS/2 hack for the 21st century look at the code!
OS/2 is just 32 bit DOS!

Abandonwarering is a great place to find all the old Dos games. Drop me a PM if you need help.

·
We Love Greb Murpy
3,022 Posts
I love my tomb raider 2. Don't give me any of this new angel of darkness crap, none of this TR3.... I probably finish it on average once a week. :wnc:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Stunts... now theres a classic I'll never forget!

(For those of you who know what I'm on about)

·
pR()rN_*
1,966 Posts
I have full throttle plus a million other old games (kings quest, monkey island, things like that)
go to a lan one time there is always someone there that has old games.
I play most of the old adventure games on my pda with Scumm...

Yeah stunts was an awesome game i used to love making my own tracks.
I love all the classics, Nes, Snes games, mega drive, commander keen, ahhh I love it.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
still palying transport tycoon today.

even got the original syndicate!!

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
Starscream said:
Honestly you need to get your hands on building a older machine. Ideally a PII-III with a AGP VGA card capable of VESA(some of those fancy old dos games supported it)
driver you load for hi-res VGA in DOS. Matrox Milleniums or G200's are ideal as they have the best VESA support around or the S3 968 if you can get your hands on one.

64Mb of RAM is plenty. You should get your hands on a old Soundblaster ISA PNP Card (AWE32 is excellent I still have my card its over 7 years old) under a dual boot Dos 6.22/Win 3.11 and Win95 A Dual Boot. If you run QEMM 97 you should be able to run with 640Kb of COnventional and EMS XMS set to 32Mb +. That should make those old classics like Strike Commander, Doom, Rise of The Triads,Seal Team, Indycar Racing, F15III run like theres no tommorrow. A computer like this you can get around for about 100 bucks or less and will last you forever. Im a big fan of old dos games im only 25 and it makes me feel like a old fogie. DOS rocks forever !
After all WinXP is just a tarted up OS/2 hack for the 21st century look at the code!
OS/2 is just 32 bit DOS!

Abandonwarering is a great place to find all the old Dos games. Drop me a PM if you need help.

Ahhh brings back memories and endless nights. Qemm97 was good it took out all the hardness for you and fread up that conventional memory, But before that come out it was great fun doing it manually and using the Load High commands. Dos did rock and i remeber most of it still. I also used to love Xtgold that was a classic. I was lost when they started phasing out the command prompt i loved it so much. Not to worry some of the old classic were the best games. I have a old pc here now that will play all of them but just have not got around to installing any. I have a fair few games here too. Transport Tycoon is still a favorite I loved that game many of endless nights then to school half asleep. LOL ahh the memories.

Its bringing back memories of me and my BBS (bulliten board system) that i had with 2 lines coming in to the house when I was 15. I even got people to register and I had heaps of warez on there that were placed in a 4 stacker cd player and i had the good old 1X cd burner that set me back around $800. Shit i was up to around 19 warez cd's full of compressed games and guess hoe many i have today one. Thats right one left. I swear poeple steal your things each time they come over. If only i still had those. Hey did anyone play that theme hospital that was good too.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Pm me I have a truckload of old games, my personal favorite was leisure suit larry and indy car racing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts