Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey man, in my cruisings around the net I ran across a page that mentioned "An AWD Tempo with a 3.0 SHO V6 would be interesting". I sent him a link to your photos, and he is now requesting your e-mail address. OK if I send it to him???

O

·
0 Posts
Test

Brian, this is Guillermo. I'm testing Olympic's username and password because it doesn't work on his browser. I'm testing to see if I can post and if he's registered. Looks like he is :) I figured out why it doesn't work for him so I'll let him know now and hopefully he'll be around shortly.

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got his e-mail

Yeah, I've been discussing with him as well... I got an e-mail that was all the e-mails you guys have been trading. Let me know if he is still having problems posting after this test and I will then let Tim know whats going on.

O

·
0 Posts
Will the real Olympic please stand up!

Well, it looks like I made it. It seems the problem is with my Netscape Communicator. I'm usind IE right now. I made sure Netscape was set to "accept all cookies" and it still didn't work. I even went in and deleted all the old cookies and my temp folders incase something was corrupted. I'll keep trying to fix it so if anyone has any tips let me know!

Anyways, it's great to be here and I must say I love the new board. Very nice work gentlemen! I think the affiliation with fordforums.com and superford will take TTHP on to great things. I can still remember the first post on TTHP when the board was hosted by onecentre.com and when the forum was still on angelfire! It's hard to believe how far we've come. I'm sure things will keep going strong and hopefully we can attract alot of new members.

So hats off to Brian and G for making this happen! Thanks guys. I'll be cracking a bud for you guys later. Cheers! :D

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm... Netscape

For all of those that are also having problems, are you using Netscape or Internet Explorer. Maybe that is where the issue is at???

O

·
0 Posts
Netscape

:fmad: This is definitely an Netsacpe problem. I tried posting from my girlfriends computer with Netscape and I had the same problems. So I fired up IE and here I am.

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, Netscape has issues

I've posted this in the Moderator Forum to see if there is a particular setting in Netscape that can fix this problem. For the time being, there really hasn't been an answer to the question.

For anyone that is having problems posing, please use Internet Explorer and you should not have any problems posting.

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dunno

I tried to do it as well. They are called Avatars. You can specify them in your User Control Panel (User CP at the top), and go to Update Options. I loaded mine up, it says that it is there.. but when I post it doesn't show. Let me PM the admin and find out for sure what's up.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Avatars are limited to a pixel size and file size attribute. Make sure that these are within the guidelines

75 x 75 pixels
20k in size

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Re: Yeah, Netscape has issues

XR5TopazBri said:
I've posted this in the Moderator Forum to see if there is a particular setting in Netscape that can fix this problem. For the time being, there really hasn't been an answer to the question.

For anyone that is having problems posing, please use Internet Explorer and you should not have any problems posting.

Please lets try this some more. I am looking into this issue as well as recoding some of the php. Let me know if this works or not for NS users. I am not giving up on this till I get the NS users posting.

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Attempting a Netscape post.

Trying again for posting from Netscape

O

·
0 Posts
OK, now this is really strange. When I view this thread with netscape, I can see the avatars on the left. But when I view it with IE, the avatars arn't there! Just a heads up for admin.....

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I figured it all out..

With possibly the help from LunaticSS.

For <B> NETSCAPE USERS </B>, you will need to log into your User Control Panel (UserCP up top) and make the following change.

Click on Edit Options and for the question <B>Browse board with cookies?</B>, mark this as NO. When you re-log in, it will change the way the cookies are handled and you will be able to post using Netscape. (This post is being posted from Netscape).

For <B>ALL USERS</B>, if you want to view the little pictures to the side, called avatars, you will need to log into your User Control Panel (UserCP up top) and make the following change.

Click on Edit Options and for the question <B> Show user's avatar in their posts?</B>, change this to yes.

Olympic, the reason you were able to see the avatars in NS and not IE is because when you were NS, the way the cookies were being handled it showed you as not being logged in.

O

·
0 Posts
first post with netscape

BRIAN<=========== YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :damack:...................:damack:

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Just FYI. I made the Cookie changes globally for all users at one time. This was done to the database itself so no one should have to change it.

John

LunaticSS

Owner FF.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts