Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a proud owner of a white GT with blue stripes, it is with much sadness that I report seeing an early base model white AU falcon (not even an XR) with mock up FPV blue stripes. It was the most rank thing I have ever laid eyes on. BA XRs with stripes are one thing, but this just took the cake.

Anyway, that is my whine for the day. Got to get back to putting that shaker on my wife's Laser now.

·
Club Phantom
284 Posts
White BA GT said:
Being a proud owner of a white GT with blue stripes, it is with much sadness that I report seeing an early base model white AU falcon (not even an XR) with mock up FPV blue stripes. It was the most rank thing I have ever laid eyes on. BA XRs with stripes are one thing, but this just took the cake.

Anyway, that is my whine for the day. Got to get back to putting that shaker on my wife's Laser now.

Make sure you post those laser pics with the shaker fitted, should look a treat, lol.

Plenty of AU's up here with the stripes getting around. There's actually a second hand yard that I know of that are specializing in it. C2R kits with BA stripes...... each to their own I guess.

I had a Blueprint XR6 turbo try to race me the other night on the freeway, GT Wing, GT Stripes and a bonnet buldge. Throw in the FPV F6 number plates and you have one severe case of "identity crisis".

In the end there's bugger all you can do about it, I guess its Fords equivalent to VN commodores with VX Clubsport kits.....NICE!

·
Registered
80 Posts
It took a while for me to finally put a bonnet sticker on my XR8, but hey at least it has a Boss motor.With all the money some guys spend trying to make their cars look like a 'whatever', you'd think it would be better to save some more cash and buy the real deal.

·
www.lukehimself.com
337 Posts
Well i dont mind the GT stripes on AUs but i was shocked when i saw a gunmetal focus with black stripes on it.

Later that week i saw a silver astra with orange GT stripes!! WTF!

·
Registered
144 Posts
i guess they think the stripes make them go faster or something haha

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you wanted stripes on your car buy a GT. If you want a double story house you don't but a single story, if you want a holiday overseas Tasmania does not count, get the point. Why not save the money spent on crap such as stripes, stereos, wheels and fricken lights on the wiper washer bonnet (f**k I hate that) spray nipples. Hey guess what, you can now afford the real thing.

PS: Drilling my rotors, painting my calipers red, and writing the word Brembo on them this weekend. Hope it looks as good as the shaker on the Laser.

·
Registered
116 Posts
God guys talk about double standards, it's called personal choice in customisation you should feel proud that these guys think it looks so great that they want to emulate the character on their car. You hit the nail on the head with the joke about the shaker on the laser well if these guys cant have what they want because the concept comes from another vehicle then all you GT owners better rip out those shakers and have the stripes removed because when it comes down to it they are cheap copies of the XY stripes and Ford in their own promo stuff said how they wanted to capture the original GT theme by adding the stripes. you guys are just Factory copy cats and these guys aftermarket. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but who cares about the stripes its not going to make anyone go any faster and it wont de-value your GT because its value is in the fine piece of machinery that it is. I have no copy mods on my car but that is my choice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
paulhowes said:
God guys talk about double standards, it's called personal choice in customisation you should feel proud that these guys think it looks so great that they want to emulate the character on their car. You hit the nail on the head with the joke about the shaker on the laser well if these guys cant have what they want because the concept comes from another vehicle then all you GT owners better rip out those shakers and have the stripes removed because when it comes down to it they are cheap copies of the XY stripes and Ford in their own promo stuff said how they wanted to capture the original GT theme by adding the stripes. you guys are just Factory copy cats and these guys aftermarket. I'm sorry if this offends anyone but who cares about the stripes its not going to make anyone go any faster and it wont de-value your GT because its value is in the fine piece of machinery that it is. I have no copy mods on my car but that is my choice.
totally agree, what a wank, these guys need to get off their pedestals and come back down to earth.There only Fords and there only street cars the way these guys talk as if they have a car worth 300,000.I own a T and came in to have a look at what the boys are up too. I know guys with Gt`s that don`t have their heads up there ass and the guy with an xr8 mate it`s not a GT just because it has a v8 motor in it big bloody deal,been eaten by any T`s lately. :booty:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pump the brakes boys, head up ass is a bit extreme. A $300,000 car means shit to Bill gates, it's all relative. I love my GT and the fact that it is recognised because of it's stripes and thunderous note. As for the T3 I think it is bloody awesome (especailly the Just Car add on TV). As far as running one, my 220kw xr8 (non stroked) gave the T3 a run. The Boss lacks bottom end torque but makes up for it top end. As far as the T3 goes it has the opposite effect, struggles for air top end but has plenty of torque bottom end, just like the driver (out of their ass). Sorry I'm assuming it's a T3, if not try the XT forum.

·
Registered
116 Posts
xr220 said:
Pump the brakes boys, head up ass is a bit extreme. A $300,000 car means shit to Bill gates, it's all relative. I love my GT and the fact that it is recognised because of it's stripes and thunderous note. As for the T3 I think it is bloody awesome (especailly the Just Car add on TV). As far as running one, my 220kw xr8 (non stroked) gave the T3 a run. The Boss lacks bottom end torque but makes up for it top end. As far as the T3 goes it has the opposite effect, struggles for air top end but has plenty of torque bottom end, just like the driver (out of their ass). Sorry I'm assuming it's a T3, if not try the XT forum.
Are you sure the T3 wasn't just tagging you along because I eat 220's for breakfast and 260's and the Gt just cant seem to get away from me they all seem to back offf when I'm still right up their clacka just in case they lose face. But thats half the fun hey. i had the choice of a BA or a demo AU and I chose the AU because I thought the note was better and it felt ballsier others would say I'm mad but thats the beauty of personal choice and individual taste it doesn't say that the other vehicle is any less a car. I will trade to the new model eventually but this time probably a 260 and severely modify, once again personal choice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A little off topic, but i am dying to know why BA's sound like crap? Anybody could make a AU sound terrific, but I haven't heard a good BA yet

·
Weapon of HSV Destruction
161 Posts
bedflute said:
I put bonnet stickers on my xr8 and picked up the same power as a 80mm throttle body at a tenth of the cost
Ha Ha! Yeah, well i can beat that!

I unhooked the work trailer and picked up a couple of tenths over the quarter, even my 60 foot times improved, and i can stop a lot faster too! :driver:

Who needs the stripes! :hy:

·
The Deputy Dogg.
1,862 Posts
beaver429 said:
A little off topic, but i am dying to know why BA's sound like crap? Anybody could make a AU sound terrific, but I haven't heard a good BA yet
I have been in a BA GT with twin 3' exhaust it sounded awsome as it fishtailed up the road in 1st 2nd and 3rd.
The AU boys will change their mind about BA's once the can afford one :booty:

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
beaver429 said:
Hi Beavis have u got stripes on your AU :priest:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts