Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not really. I just spent tonight swapping my original interior door handles with the T-Series chrome-looking jobs. Was worth the arsing around removing trim, etc.

One thing I did notice, is how much better the Ford trim is. Heaps easier to remove than my the old EA's was, and the way everything is put together within the trim, and behind the trim is 10 times better.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Sweet, must change the look of the inside abit. ll you need is the chrome gear knob surround from the TSeries.

Yeah the trim fit/removal on these later falcons is heaps easier and goes back like the way it did. The XF has a shocking mechanism in holding the door trim together. It had these dodgy clips that squeeked and could never be put flush. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
"Bloody Beautiful"
415 Posts
Venom S,

Do you have a part no. for those door handles???

How much???

thanks

Darren

·
"Bloody Beautiful"
415 Posts
Sorry should have been Venom XR

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
XR6HP said:
Sorry should have been Venom XR
Holy shmoly. I just realised I made the same mistake yesterday sending a PM to Venom S. Mighty confusing: Venom and a pic of a black XR6 in the avatar...... :eek:

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

Holy shmoly. I just realised I made the same mistake yesterday sending a PM to Venom S. Mighty confusing: Venom and a pic of a black XR6 in the avatar...... :eek:
Guys you are safe, Venom S just changed his user ID to Venom XR ;)

·
7,777 Posts
DONUT KING said:

Guys you are safe, Venom S just changed his user ID to Venom XR ;)
Friggin fraggin burnt brain cells Batman.... :eek:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't get your PM either Pete! (Unless it was the one you sent yesterday, I got that.)

·
7,777 Posts
Venom XR said:
I didn't get your PM either Pete!
I'm losing it so fast it isn't funny. I DID actually send the PM to venom XR so you did reply which meant you got it. Got it?

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aussie Pete said:

I'm losing it so fast it isn't funny. I DID actually send the PM to venom XR so you did reply which meant you got it. Got it?
Got it! (See above)

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Venom XR said:
Well, not really. I just spent tonight swapping my original interior door handles with the T-Series chrome-looking jobs. Was worth the arsing around removing trim, etc.

One thing I did notice, is how much better the Ford trim is. Heaps easier to remove than my the old EA's was, and the way everything is put together within the trim, and behind the trim is 10 times better.

I have done this mod.......

parts cost me $15 each. They come with the whole handle assembly. I only used actual handle.

Looks very nice especially at night.........

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: One little step closer to T-Series

XLR8 said:

parts cost me $15 each. They come with the whole handle assembly. I only used actual handle.

Looks very nice especially at night.........
Why did you only swap the handle, as opposed to the complete assembly? Swapping the lot meant undoing 2 screws, removing the cable end, and the reserve of that for the new one (After removing the trim.)

They do look best at night, agreed.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Looks sweet mate.
I always love a touch of chrome.

Are those door trims the same as the Falcon trim? or is it optional to all the cars? cause a mate of mine's AU ute has that trim, and I thought the standard falc had a different trim.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's base XR trim, even says so on the sticker on the other side of the door trim panel.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Do you know if that trim was standard or an option in the utes?

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
I'll have to double-check.
But I'm pretty sure its the one you have.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts