Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there's one less Ute in the ute section now, totalled mine last night.
The arse end got light over a crest right out the front of me home,with a slight bend just as ya go over the top. Skipped over a small depression an stepped out sideways, then when it sat down an gripped it chucked me across the other side the road, through 3 apple trees stoppin on the third.
Totally destroyed the front end, all the drivers side an twisted the diff.
Luckily for me the airbag went off an i got out of it with a few minor cuts an a sore neck from the seat belt.

Cant blame no one but myself an my lack of repect for the car an the road.

Nath :fraz:

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
the main thing is you are okay.... hope you were insured.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bad luck about the accident. Will your insurance cover it. I am trying to insure my car and they are saying that a 20,000 ute is worth 14,000. Good luck anyways.

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
Nath, oh man... thats no good mate -are you covered?

cheers,
Matt

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
damn mate, at least youre ok

hope it all works out ok

·
X-DM!!
1,114 Posts
Sorry to hear that flavze, as long as your ok mate that is the main thing.

Good luck with the paper work.... and as Jase says the upside is BA2 is not to far away. Keep your chin up mate.

·
Registered
670 Posts
$#!^ happens mate, As long as it's one less ute in the section and not one less member all is well!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
insurance will only give you the same as what you had if they do a replacement, talk to the dealer & see what he will charge you for the BA11

regards
rod

·
Registered
336 Posts
flave, please don't think of me being flipant... but I gotta ask, what's it like when the air bag goes off??

sorry mate, I had to ask....

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
We all learn from our mistake's mate, and we have to make them to be able to learn,luckily you walked away from this one.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Most insurance policies will replace a write-off with the same model vehicle, or as near as possible at time of claim. Although this is only assuming they approve the claim. If only NRMA did it for 18 month old cars! As for the airbag going off. All you hear is a bang and see a flash. Oh and your nose burns like buggery from the powder!

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
And the smell is unbearable, the gas make's you sick, you dont want to sniff to much of this.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Like others have said, I sincerely hope you are okay after the accident. No doubt bruising will make you sore for a few days, but at least you're here to tell the tale.

Are you gonna post pics of the ute?

·
FFing Festive
597 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Are you gonna post pics of the ute?
Close scrape there flavze, best illustration so far of how much the ute rear end likes bumpy stuff. Good to hear the safety systems did their job and you got out OK. At what stage did the bag go off, and was it instrumental in saving you from more damage?

Good luck with the insurer!!

Oh yes, as AP said, pics please!

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanx for the good wished fellas, yeah i have got some pics, hopefully i will get them up. Probly need to e-mail them to someone as i got no idea how to post them, will test me out tryin to just email them somewhere.
As for the airbag i reckon it saved me quite a bit actually, all i can remember is a bang as it went off, then it being soft an white. Only a couple of lil marks on me nose, plus i got a bit of a sore neck. Nothin a few trips to the chiro won't sort out.
Yeah fully insured so hopefully they don't stuff me around an it's all good.
I'm sure they'll make me pay for it next year in me premiums though!
I suppose i can't blame em but!
When/If i get the pics up you'll understand what i mean when i reckon the airbag saved me a fair bit, luckily apple trees don't have a very big root system or i mighta been a fair bit worse off.
Probly the one year Jonathons are gonna be worth any money an i went an knocked 3 of the buggers outa the ground!

·
FFing Festive
597 Posts
flavze said:
BA XR8 ute, premium brakes, 3000 kays no squeel.
Stop on a 20cent piece as well!
Sorry flavze, couldn't resist this quote swiped from another thread. I think you stopped on a whole lot more than the 20c you bargained for. :angel:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts