Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Grand Marquis Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm new here and this has been my pet project for the past 4 years.
Been building/driving the car since Jan 15th 1997 and finally got the new 347ci roller engine done!
She's getting 230psi on the compression test and should be making 422HP with my 2 barrel and close-to/maybe over 500HP with a 750 double pumper or Dominator when I get it dyno'ed late this month or early December.
For more details, please visit my website : http://www.85merk.com
For engine sneak peaks, go here : http://www.85merk.com/pics/347ci

Enjoy!! :D

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
That's a beautiful car. Very well done.

Any times in the 1/4?

·
Grand Marquis Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Glad you like it! :)

Don't have 1/4 mile times with the new engine yet. Just had that finished and currently prepping it to go get dyno'ed in the next couple weeks.
Engine's going in next spring (can't @#$*%^ wait! :D)

As far as previous 1/4 times go, sure!
Bone stock they run mid 18s.
I wanted to see what I could pull out of that old engine with just a cam swap as the only internal non-stock part. I got a mild cam (summit p/n K3600), factory GT-40 headers, an Accel Super Coil and Ford electrical stuff as the only engine-related parts non-factory...oh, and a dress-up kit :D
Here's the before/after shot :

Best 1/4 to date is 16.95 @ 79.6 mph at 220,000 kms on the odo.
Most of my timeslips from '99 are posted, I didn't put up anything for 2000 because the engine was dying and eventually blew at the strip on the last race day of the year (last week of October)
Timeslips available here :
http://www.85merk.com/stats.html

Best ET with a shot 302, race AOD and 4.10s is 16.86 :( But consider the last stock run was a 17.67 so the gears & tranny helped that much :)

Projected ETs for next year are 12.90s with slicks and low 13s on street tires.

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
Thats is a sweet car. Looks like you put ALOT of effort into it.

Jonathan

·
Grand Marquis Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!!

At first everybody (including my own family) thought I was wasting my time & money.
But after a year that general opinion quickly changed after the car's first appearance being a huge hit.

Since 1997, she's been gathering crowds' attention :)
Car's made it on Cable TV the next morning after winning the annual J&P Performance Mustang Shoot-Out over here in front of a major crowd.
Apparently I was congratulated on the radio too that same day in a city 3.5 hours north!!!

Yes, there was ALOT of work done :)
Glad to know you like it!
Thanks again!

·
Grand Marquis Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's an update on "Operation Chocolate Thunder : Spring 2002"

Just picked up a power steering bracket.
Now the alternator will go on along with the belt, the coil & wire and I still need that thermostat.

Dyno time soon!
I hope!

:D :D :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts