Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.

just wondering if you can tell me what you think of this.

its a 1989 Telstar TX5 Turbo. white, manual, lowered, 2 1/2 exhaust, tinted windows, polished TX5 rims, alarm and immobiliser, AUTOTECHNICA steering wheel, boost gauge, boost controller, 240,000 kms.

a little bit under $6500. just want some opinions before i buy it.

thanks

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
hmm I was going to but one of them as well..

the only thing that really steered me away was that nost 89 Turbos would have pretty high milage by now.

Has the engine and turbo been reconditioned? That would be my first question. Also how is the gearbox?

Other than that and the whole FWD thing..they seem like a top car..just increase teh boost a bit as 92 odd kw's for that kind of car seems pissy to me.

Good luck

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill have to ask about the turbo etc being reconditioned. if it hasnt would u say not to buy it with 240,000 on it? my parents arent really happy with the whole turbo thing...but the car has everythin else i want on it already. anyway...thanks for the help...ill look into it a bit more

·
Registered
77 Posts
if its in alright nick thats a good price for a tx5 turbo, most go for a little more than that, if its in good shape then i'd definately get it.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
we once had a tx5 turbo ghia.. was unreal..... shit hot barnstormer, would crack 220 kays no problemo... wish my parents still had it today!!! go for it if its in good nick!!!

·
tx5dude
6 Posts
same as above dude.check da turbo.very good cars.and you know it's been hammered so....but da price is pretty good.my bro got one in mint cond(non turbo),for about 4000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts