Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok guys...well if some of you guys didn't see Saturday, I have a rather large dent in my bonnet from some rubbish flying up past the right hand side of the engine (missing all wires and hoses) and then punchuring my bonnet from the inside.

Anyway....Im no to keen on fixing the bonnet as its a waste of money IMO..So I figured that I will just buy some bonnet vents, get the dent cut out and make good of a bad situation. Also I want them to actually be functional...do I just get some of the bonnet cut of then the vents placed over??

Problem is I have no idea what vents would suit my car from just looking on the net. SSV.com.au is most liklely place I would get them from.

http://www.ssv.com.au/cache/item-15396public.html?cache=no

That link is straight to the vents section. I was thinking the following:

EF XR
EL XR
Cosworth Style - pretty much like allan moffat ones
EB GT - minus the middle bit

What do you guys think? Should I stay away from the EL/EF, is the EA a bit to "square" for them?

Desicions desicions!

Heres a pic of where the dent is...the red dot...just to the right of the "hump" (lets call it buldge ;-)...

http://www.fordgallery.com/showphot...360425f3787f4266e9aea16/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

sorry the dot is small.......Thanks guys...much appreciated.

·
pR()rN_*
1,966 Posts
yeah I thought about this as well.
I've seen the EA-ED's with the EF/EL vents and they do look good if mounted correctly.
If you stick them on top of the bonnet so they are raised then they look crap.
However installed correctly the EL ones look the best.

I was going to go the Cosworth ones as I thought they suited the car best until I saw a wagon with them fitted.

Go the EL XR ones dude but mount them correctly in to the bonnet.

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carazy said:
yeah I thought about this as well.
I've seen the EA-ED's with the EF/EL vents and they do look good if mounted correctly.
If you stick them on top of the bonnet so they are raised then they look crap.
However installed correctly the EL ones look the best.

I was going to go the Cosworth ones as I thought they suited the car best until I saw a wagon with them fitted.

Go the EL XR ones dude but mount them correctly in to the bonnet.
Cool.....so EL are the go.

How do I mount them properly??? Is it hard to do?..I wont be doing it ill just take it to a panel beater I guess.

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I juts had a look on SSV...why are EF XR vents $66 a pair and EL's ar $121. Whats with the relatively big difference?

Are they just being bastards cos more people want EL ones?

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
I would have said the ef ones are more expensive ---- they have more detail. I woul go for the ef one anyday

·
pR()rN_*
1,966 Posts
yeah but the EF ones don't look as good in my opinion.
They really suit the low slung pointy front of the EF but I just don't like how they look on the EA-ED.
It's personal opinion thing. If you can't justify the extra dollars then go the EF ones you may like it better.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
be sure you dont get the stick on ones. For that price I'd say the EF ones are just the type that you stick to the bonnet, whereas the EL ones are properly recessed into the bonnet.

Personally I'd go EL ones, just remember not to shoot a hose at them or anything when you're washing the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts