1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Tickford Racing Latest News

FTR AFTER THAT WINNING FEELING AT ORAN PARK
24 Jul, 2001

Ford Tickford Racing (FTR) heads to the eighth round of the 2001 V8 Shell Championship Series at Sydney's Oran Park Raceway on July 28 and 29, determined to take its first round win of the year.
The team of Glenn Seton and Steve Richards has put a disappointing result at the recent Calder Park (Victoria) round behind them and are now after the top spot.

"Let's say our bad round is behind us now - everyone on the entire FTR team wants a win at Oran Park," said Glenn Seton.

"I have won at Oran Park back in 1994 as well as secured two championships at the Sydney circuit in 1993 and '97.

"It's a track I enjoy, and with a massive crowd expected, I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Two-time Bathurst champion, Richards, has taken a race win this year in Canberra, but is determined to take an overall round victory at Oran Park.

After two sprint race rounds with no pit stops, Oran Park sees the return of compulsory pit stops, where the crew has to change all four wheels in each of the two 95 kilometres races.

"Pit stop races put the pressure on the team, but we've been working hard to improve our tyre changes and we're confident of doing a good job at Oran Park," said Richards.

"We really want both cars to go to the front at Oran Park - just like at Eastern Creek, when we were first and second early in the first race.

"The cars clearly have plenty of speed - we just need to hit the mark in qualifying.

"Our race pace is very good so I'm confident Oran Park will be a good event for us.

The Sydney circuit has been given a major facelift, with a new pit garage facility built to accommodate the pit stop races.

The improved facilities are also a mark of the growth in the popularity of the V8 Championship, with a crowd of 50,000 expected on the Sunday alone.

Championship Standings after seven of 13 rounds

1. Mark Skaife - 1,720

2. Jason Bright - 1,703

3. Russell Ingall - 1,496

4. Steve Johnson - Shell Helix Racing - Ford Falcon AUXR8 - 1,488

5. Marcos Ambrose - Pirtek Racing - Ford Falcon AUXR8 - 1,262

6. Greg Murphy - 1,248

7. Steve Richards - Ford Tickford Racing - Ford Falcon AUXR8 - 1,211

8. Paul Radisich - Shell Helix Racing - Ford Falcon AUXR8 - 1,185

9. Craig Lowndes - Gibson Motorsport - Ford Falcon AUXR8 - 1,146

10. Garth Tander - 1,080

12. Glenn Seton - Ford Tickford Racing - Ford Falcon AUXR8 - 1,072

Details for Round Eight of the 2001 Shell Championship Series at Oran Park (NSW):

Top-10 Shootout - Saturday 28 July - 3.35pm

Race One (36 laps - 94.32 km) - Sunday 29 July - 11.30am

Race Two (36 laps - 94.32 km) - Sunday 29 July - 3pm

Circuit: Oran Park Raceway - NSW

Length: 2.62km

Lap Record: 1m. 07.4906s (qualifying) - Skaife (1999) - 1m. 08.0631s (race) - Lowndes (1999)

Estimated top speed: 250 km/h - Main Straight

Estimated average speed: 135 km/h
---------------------------------------

Here's hoping ay lads.. :D

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
HSE2 said:
Seton neve has much to say does he
I guess he just prefers to let his driving do the talking... except at the moment his driving aint talking that well for him either...
Come on seto you can get back up the pointy end!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts