Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really much of a shock.. just thought the music fans amongst us might like to know.. :D

Metallica singer checks into rehab

AP, LOS ANGLES
Monday 23 July 2001

James Hetfield, the singer and rhythm guitarist of heavy metal band Metallica, has entered a rehabilitation centre for treatment of alcoholism.

In a note to fans on the band's Web site, Metallica said it will delay work on its latest album ``to give James the time and privacy he needs to deal with his problems.''

Hetfield, 37, is married and has two children.

Metallica - and the excesses of its members - have been a notorious part of the heavy metal scene since the group formed in 1981.

Since then, the Bay Area band has become one of the most successful rock acts of the past 20 years.

Metallica's highly publicised lawsuit against Napster helped precipitate the song-swapping Web site's ongoing legal woes.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Ford Man said:
Metallica - and the excesses of its members - have been a notorious part of the heavy metal scene since the group formed in 1981.

Since then, the Bay Area band has become one of the most successful rock acts of the past 20 years.
Pity they've sucked arse the last 10 of those years!

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
Pity they've sucked arse the last 10 of those years!

I agree.. they havent made anything decent since "and justice for all"

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny since the met club website state that "James no longer consumes alcoholic beverage"... :rolleyes: as if...

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Huh....JH in Rehab...what a suprise:rolleyes: All this fame has finally got to him eh...well atleast it happened now, and not when they were actually making good music.

I used to be inspired (as a guitarist) by Metallica's early creations, I learn't most of it, but now the way they have gone...and the way I expect them to stay...they can look up to me:D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The older stuff rocks for sure but I actually don't mind the new stuff at all. *Ducks rotten tomatoes*
Not exactly what you're looking for if you're after a good thrash, but pretty good none the less. Good driving music anyway.. :D

·
1,151 Posts
I also taught myself to play by listening to the old classics... good songs like Orion, Sanitarium and Fade to Black......

I havent bothered listening to the new stuff... i got turned off by the self titled album... then they stuck the knife in with Load.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ford Man said:
The older stuff rocks for sure but I actually don't mind the new stuff at all. *Ducks rotten tomatoes*
Not exactly what you're looking for if you're after a good thrash, but pretty good none the less. Good driving music anyway.. :D

I have to admit I am 100% FM on this. When i look at how other bands have changed over the time I still find Metallic new stuff is ok. I agree with the new stff not being on the same page I just feel they have moved with the times better then the others of their age

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
eb_5litre said:
I also taught myself to play by listening to the old classics... good songs like Orion, Sanitarium and Fade to Black......

I havent bothered listening to the new stuff... i got turned off by the self titled album... then they stuck the knife in with Load.
I too have learnt mostly from their early stuff, but I still like the new stuff.
LOAD wasn't to bad a few songs were very poor but majority were good.
RELOAD, good to see jaymz testing his voice.

new song I DISAPPEAR.....absolutely ****. good rythm, extremely crap solo. I expect much better of kirk.

Favourite solo...tpp hard to say but if I have to I would have to say struggle within.

thats my 2c about METALLICA

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
HSE2 said:

I have to admit I am 100% FM on this. When i look at how other bands have changed over the time I still find Metallic new stuff is ok. I agree with the new stff not being on the same page I just feel they have moved with the times better then the others of their age
True, Megadeth are all over the place, Anthrax are all but dead but what about Slayer!? Haven't really strayed from their classic stuff, though they have had more modern influences creep in a few times recently. For those who might be interested, Slayer are touring soon - end of August I think!

·
1,151 Posts
... metallica, megadeth, anthrax, slayer... geez i thought i was the only one that listened to them anymore..

what about sepultura, tool and pantera???

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
eb_5litre said:
... metallica, megadeth, anthrax, slayer... geez i thought i was the only one that listened to them anymore..

what about sepultura, tool and pantera???
pantera and tool are in my collection, only a couple of mp3's of sepultura.

also getting into limp bizkit, I like a bit of funkyness every now and then.

anyone listen to Joe satriani (aka. guitar god)??

·
1,151 Posts
anyone listen to Joe satriani (aka. guitar god)??

Ive only got Surfing with the Alien.. legend album

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
The new albums are just ok to isten too. I won't even bother playing the stuff though, its like going from a V8 to a 4cyl. Kirks early solos were pretty good, but his latest efforts are laughable, yet he still wins guitarist of the year...PLEASE:rolleyes:

Megadeath I used to listen to, although didn't get into them, I only heard the Rust in Peace album, great stuff on that, the other mentioned bands I haven't listened too.

I'm a devoted Dream Theater fan now, all my time is spent listening and trying to play their stuff.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
(\/)ADXF said:
Favourite solo...tpp hard to say but if I have to I would have to say struggle within.
Hmmm yeah..
Alltime best song (with vocal) - Puppets
Alltime best song (without vocal) - Ktulu (S&M Version)

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Ford Man said:

Hmmm yeah..
very good choices there FM.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Ford Man said:

Hmmm yeah..
great choices there son..

also add ONE and To Live is To Die.

Bit of trivia for the players here...

Q. What does call of Ktulu and Megadeath have in common??

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JEM said:
also add ONE and To Live is To Die.
ooh yeah.. and also Orion

Funniest song... So What (even though it's a cover)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts