Ford Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Psychopathic 6cyl. Freak!
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys do when someone makes a post about another car in this forum? Do you flame them? Do you tighten the "bias" caps around your heads? Do you shut your eye on a consistent basis?

I for one welcome a bit of competition, but it seems that members in some forums (Not excluding this one) cannot handle something simple like that.

It's just a little thing called "respect".

Opinions?

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
We had some one asking about a VK commie, and some one about a skyline, it is for Ford's and they are advised to TAKE IT ELSEWHERE nicely of course, but will still answer whats possible to answer.

This is called FORD forums, not holded, not nissan, not hyundai, and is FORD for a reason, if it was car forum, and us Ford heads took it over different story, but is a Ford forum for Fords and we like it that way :0)

Jason

·
Cleveland Powered
728 Posts
If they come in trolling they deserve to be flamed, but there's no reason to hate all other cars on principle. Sometimes the Falcon vs Commodore debate gets old, considering how the new cars are virtually identical anyway (compared to other cars available), but this is a Ford forum so you should expect a fair bit of bias.

·
pR()rN_*
1,966 Posts
Umm Depends.
If people are asking tech questions about another car and want an answer they will get a bit of advise wrapped in some sarcasim about there choice of transportation.
I have no problem with people that drive other cars comming in to chat though. Keeps it fresh.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
to me its a car forum for ford fans..

doesnt exclude general car discussion even if it isnt a ford. (generally means comparing it to a ford anyway so whats the prob?)

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
discussion of other cars is fine. doesn't bother me but when it comes to asking technical info then generally would be nicely asked to go somewhere else. Ok we discuss cars and other such info here, a wide knowledge of it but please remember this is a Ford forum, where info is discussed about fords. Want LS1/Holden info go to www.ls1.com.au

·
gone
10,402 Posts
I have found, and continue to find the worst kind of people to be some die hard Ford fans that have no respect for other, or claim that people need to earn their respect before they start treating them differently.... such a breed are ready to jump on, or initiate the flame war. and then cry the worst.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
you've gotta be brave sometimes tho.. like in the burnout comp on sunday at motorvation everyone start HOLLL-DENNN!!! FOORRRD!!! HOLL-DENN!!! FORRRD!!! shouting comps and at the end of it one guy could be heard shouting out 'mitsa bishi!!' haha... classic.

laminges point goes back to all the die hard Holden AND Ford knobs that cause all the trouble in the first place. you cant reason with those kinds.

bottom line is, for me, choose YOUR car but dont tell other people what to choose. and well, i've chosen a ford.

·
Registered
128 Posts
having been on both sides of the fence, it seems that the die hard holden people are concieted and arrogant, and the ford counterparts are generally kinda defensive having been in the holden shadow performance wise for some years now. but I have noticed a bit of a shift of late with the recent success of the BA......
I for one base a car on its merits, not its producer. And I have been on the end of some flamings at both holden and ford forums for daring to say I liked a holden or ford etc...

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
laminge said:
I have found, and continue to find the worst kind of people to be some die hard Ford fans that have no respect for other, or claim that people need to earn their respect before they start treating them differently.... such a breed are ready to jump on, or initiate the flame war. and then cry the worst.
Agreed 100%.

Any car talk is good car talk IMO.

·
Movin!
2,924 Posts
i label myself an ENTHUSIAST and while i prefer the blue oval, any car talk thats interesting i find good to discuss. Sure this is a Ford forum, where almost all talk is Ford (and enjoy more), but if there's some thread about an SS, HSV, or some of interest to me, i'll read it

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
Its always good to see what others are doing with their car , no matter what sort it is. They are enthusiats just like us .
On the other hand , if they come in just looking for a flame and slagging off , then mods will sort them out.
Lets face it , this is FF , so you don't really expect too much conversation regarding other makes anyway .

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
A few people come looking for trouble and to start flaming others. Other people can be into different cars and become respected members of the Forums. Just look at some of the LS1ers here.

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
I dont mind, there are allways conversations about what are manufactures are doing, keeps it even as long as thet are not here to make trouble

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Pfft, Love my Fords, love talking shite about cars in general.

All are welcome I say. If I dont like the question or think its trolling, I just dont go back to the thread.

Hell, I do that with some of the Ford threads on here anyhow! :p

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.