Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Now driving an XF Falcon.
1,042 Posts
Ouch. That guy was lucky to not be skewered. Maybe the TAC should use that in their latest 'Speed kills' propaganda...

On second thoughts, then they might claim that it was caused by travelling 1 km/h above the posted speed limit...

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
aye aye aye.

That is an amazing accident. I can't believe the passenger only had a chunk of his arm knocked off...I would have expected his whole chest to be gone....

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
my god.. those barriers are strong :p
hard to beleive they lived!

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah very lucky to be alive, shouldnt have been street racing to start with tho

A bit futher on is a link to another CBS article about 7 kids that died in a high speed pursuit... that father of one of the kids said " the copper shouldnt have chased them, they were only out joyriding " ... thats a crock of... IMO.. kids knew they were doing wrong../

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Someone upstairs were looking out for them I think. That is just intense! Those rails are aluminium aren’t they? It must have been travelling perpendicular to the rail such that the rail was at it’s strongest.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Reminds me of the AU wagon a few years back.

·
Road Warrior
489 Posts
They should show pics like that when people go for their licence.
A little bit like shock treatment.

Years ago, my sister was in a car where the driver fell asleep & they ended up crashing into a concrete pole, smashing it out of the ground.
In that accident my sister broke her back.
Luckily it was her disc/vertebrate & not the actual spinal cord so she is not disabled.

They had both been out all night & it happened at 4:30am.
Now if the driver, who had only just got her licence, new about fatigue & stuff like that they could have avoided that accident.

Alot of people never know someone who has been in a bad traffic accident.
I am sorry to say that I have.

They need to teach these younger people about what happens to a body in an accident & I am sure they wont risk it after seeing stuff like that.

Cheers

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
That AU wagon hahaha

It was repaired and back on the road within a few weeks of that incident, the Hilliers bought it and used it as their workshop hack

Pretty incredible stuff

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thankfully havent been in that many accidents, worst one i was in was in mums old VW beetle, went into one of the slip lanes to turn right, someone wasnt looking came right out of a servo and t-boned us... spun us around and knocked me out for a bit, another 2 inches closer and would have taken me right out :(

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Maximus said:
They had both been out all night & it happened at 4:30am.
Now if the driver, who had only just got her licence, new about fatigue & stuff like that they could have avoided that accident.
I must say I was quite impressed with the government whilst on my trip to and fro Queensland. There were "fatigue" and "Stop, Revive, Survive" signs plastered all over the place. Not to mention large amounts of rest places that were often used by people sleeping in their cars - and copious amounts of trucks. It's a good feeling to know there are people who take their lives and others' lives seriously.

Although this doesn't really address the problem in suburban areas...

·
well hung
801 Posts
There is another reason why those cheese grater things are so good.

Too bad the drivers legs were'nt taken out or something like that so they could never do it again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts