Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Ford Explorer which I just had a new rebuilt auto tran put in. The original tran was worked on 3 yrs ago by original owner because of O/D light coming on. The tranny shop never fixed his problem. I bought the vehicle and after 2 mnths of flashing light it suddenly went out one day and worked fine for about 2 years. Sometimes if it rained it would come on till it seemed like something had to dry out then it went out again.
Now the problem is whole new rebuilt tran installed came from a friend of mine who rebuilds them and I installed it. After resetting computer O/D light has started flashing again. My friend say's that 95's had a O/D problem and that you can get an updated computer to fix this problem. I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of this or experienced this problem... Trying to make sure this want burn up tran again... Any help would be much appreciated with...
Rodney

·
Registered
8 Posts
we were told the same thing on a 95 Explorer. Our problem is that we took it to Ford and they told us that there is nothing they can do, due to their diagnostic system having been updated in 98 and therefore the current system wont read an OBD-I computer. We're trying to get help in doing this but we've contacted several dealerships who have told us the same thing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
On they 95's the PCM Module needs updated. Mine was doing the same thing last week. Took it to Ford, they tested the trans. and saw no problems with the trans. After checking the trans. they informed me the PCM Module needed updated per the Ford Service Bulletin. I would recommend finding another Ford Dealer, sounds to me the one you went to is just trying to get you to buy a new transmission.(the dealership did however need to get the software update or whatever it was from another dealership but that only took an hour to get)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts