Ford Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 65 fairlane with a 289 2bl, at. My problem is that the car keeps overheating. This is a project that I'm working on. Engine has been gone through, heads redone, new rod bearings, new oil pump, water pump, new aluminum 3 row radiator, electric fan. I've flushed the entire system about 5 times and it still overheats. Removed the thermostat the last time but still runs hot and blows out the pressure release. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure what climate you are in, but the thermostat for that year car should be no hotter than 165 degrees. Also, (I'm not a supporter of electric fans for classic cars) the electric fan may not be coming on at the correct engine temperature, incorrect size,,,,,or,,, not at all.. The radiator has sufficient capacity to cool the engine, so as long the thermostat and cooling fan are doing their job at the right time, all that's left is ignition timing.. Other factors are the camshaft configuration, plugged intake manifold, and antifreeze mixture.. Keep us posted on your findings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts