Ford Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Has anyone got the error code P06A7 on Ford Mondeo, build year 2010, engine 2.0 TDCI. The issue is, when I accelerate slowly I don't get any codes or errors or anything, and after the first and second gear I can do whatever I want, accelerate harshly, drive normal, and nothing bad will happen. But if I put more load (accelerate faster) in the first gear I get the engine malfunction message on my dashboard. The error code as mentioned is P06A7 - Sensor reference voltage low in circuit B. Went to the workshop, changed the DPF, the Differential Pressure Sensor, the throttle body, got the whole wiring in the car inspected, and still the issue wasn't resolved. I'm really desperate, and need help with this, don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
9,617 Posts
My favorite site for engine codes lists possible causes as such:
  • Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
  • ECM harness is open or shorted
  • ECM circuit poor electrical connection
  • Shorted sensor on 5 volt circuit
This surprised me as generally, throwing the fault at the ECM is typically much lower on the list. I would start by checking the various 5 V reference signals. If your reference voltage reads low, disconnect a few temperature sensors and see if it goes up. If it doesn't reconnect and disconnect a few others. They may also be position or pressure sensors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My favorite site for engine codes lists possible causes as such:
  • Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
  • ECM harness is open or shorted
  • ECM circuit poor electrical connection
  • Shorted sensor on 5 volt circuit
This surprised me as generally, throwing the fault at the ECM is typically much lower on the list. I would start by checking the various 5 V reference signals. If your reference voltage reads low, disconnect a few temperature sensors and see if it goes up. If it doesn't reconnect and disconnect a few others. They may also be position or pressure sensors.
Thank you for your answer. I solved it in the meanwhile. It was a faulty ECU. Repaired it and now it works fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts