Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Ford Fusion Sport 3.0l Flex
The overheat failsafe kicked on. I replaced the damaged water pump and could not install it with the belt like the YouTube video guy did. My battery died and was replaced but the P1299 code will not clear in order to bump the ignition to rotate the drive pulley and install the belt. Does the sensor need to be replaced? It isn't located in the cylinder head. Does someone have a diagram showing where it is located on the engine?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the water pump drive belt on and everything is back together. The car still will not start. Troubleshooting code P1299 will not clear and I believe it is preventing the ignition to engage. Plus the transmission shift is stuck in Park. There is no milky oil so cracked block isn't the issue. If the CHT sensor is under the upper and lower air intake manifolds, I cannot see how moisture could get to it. I need ideas how to clear the fault code.

·
Super Moderator
20,327 Posts
Depends where head gaskets or heads are gone whether the water mixes with oil or blows out of exhaust . You may have to replace sensor . Dont know if clearing PCM memory will help or not , doubt it , just a long shot . See if this applies to you vehicle ,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts