Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, does anyone here have any experience with putting "oversize" tires on the 15x7" rims that came stock on the 2WD Splash. I have a 97 that I would like to install 245's or possibly 255's on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Regards Butch

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would go with 31x10.5 R15 for your Ranger. The 31's will fit with only minor rubbing with the steering at full lock. A passenger tire like the P245's have very flexible sidewalls making it kind of "squishy" around the turns. A light truck tire such as a BFGoodrich 31x10.5 R15 All Terrain has nice stiff sidewalls and makes the truck handle well on and off road.

I've been running BFG's for years and have yet to have one complaint about them. Can't go wrong with them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for you input Bronc but actually the look I am going for is what came stock on my 97 2WD Splash. I want to retain my 15x7 chromies that also came stock. That means I will stay with the 60 series tires, but was wondering if anyone here had any luck upping a size or two with the original wheels. Thanx.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts