Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Go with Custom Paint Scheme

Votes: 17 73.9%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had to repaint your car, which is better, if you have a rare OEM color that you don't particularly like, keep it or go with a new custom color? It would have to be done right, engine bay, trunk, door jams, etc.

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
It would have to be a custom color that I know I could live with.

But I like my OEM color, so I would keep mine. :hy:

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Well, if I'm spending over $2,000 dollars for a paint job. I'll go custom.

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
190 Posts
Hmmm...

Getting an estimate in a few days for white(current car color) with blue pearl. I'm pretty damn sure that's what I want:) Hmmm, that reminds me I have to call the body shop...

·
Refugee
16 Posts
I figure if your going to spend the money on paint you might as well go custom and get something you really like, unless of course your current paint is what you really like, then stick with that.

My car is Black which I think looks pretty slick, so I wanna stick with it but I also want something to make it stand out, so I'm getting my car repainted very shortly in Black with a strong Blue pearl. No stealing my idea though heh.

·
Southern Probe Owner
99 Posts
I have a black PGT and when I finally get it painted( primered right now) i'm going with Triple Black, the darker the better.

·
Probe SE Member
144 Posts
Custom...unless you wanna be ordinary...

·
unFalicious
12 Posts
Gee

Gee, what do you think I'd pick?! hahahaha

Though, I think I will stick with the blue paint on my car. If I did any kind of custom paint, it wouldn't be anything more than a pearl coating. Seems stupid to spend so much money on a paint job unless you trailor it everywhere because we all know what happened to the Chromalusion PGT. :BW: Cops who broadside and total cars suck. :bash: :chainsaw: :rocket: :badass: :angry: :fmad: :arggg1: :fa: :noNO: :thdn:

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CeyJay26 said:
HDP I love your factory color, but like it was said earlier if your going to spend the money go with the custom.

Thanks. I think I will keep the base color and go with a pearl clear coat... that would make it a custom paint, wouldn't it?

·
Honda Who?
56 Posts
Custom is always good, as long as it isn't TOO crazy and extreme.
I thought about redoing mine as a Pearl Electric blue instead of my OEM electric blue. But I like the OEM and apparently so does everyone else so I'll probably keep it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts