Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my car painted. yeah. well not so! its a full inside and out job and i just realised that on one of the back doors about half way up there is now a crack all the way to the metal. i've only had the car for two days. soes this normally happen and should the panel shop cover the cost of the fix it job. please reply cause i'm seeing them tommorrow.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hope so already paid enough for the job. looks good and i'm happy with the work and i kwow things like this do happen so i'm not pissed at the panel guy just don't want to pay for the work. so its not my problem?

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
freshinXR said:
just got my car painted. yeah. well not so! its a full inside and out job and i just realised that on one of the back doors about half way up there is now a crack all the way to the metal. i've only had the car for two days. soes this normally happen and should the panel shop cover the cost of the fix it job. please reply cause i'm seeing them tommorrow.
if there is filler behind that paint its possible thats what has caused the cracking of the paint
did the panel beater do all the filler work...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all i did was the bare metal. they did all the straightening and don;t recall them using filler in that area. all i can see is a crack and bare mettal on the edge of the door. looks like the paint has just flaked or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts