Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Paris- Dakar Rally, Ford is in 5th place. A Schlessor Ford from Germany.
Good coverage on SBS 7PM nightly.
Those guys are MAD ! especially the bikes and the trucks !

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
You do realise that a South Aussie, Andy Caldecott is racing in the bike class aboard a KTM. He's not doing to bad last i heard either, running about 7th overall in the bikes.

·
AU3 Falcon XR8 Ute (auto)
357 Posts
Yep, nice lookin' ford :)

That race is truly awesome! - I wanna do it one day in an lightly modified AU3 XR8 ute :s5 That's be sweet - just to prove how tough Falcons are! (Wouldn't use my own ute though - just incase it's not quite that tough ;) )

BTW. Heard tonight that Andy stacked and broke his ankle - kept riding one-footed and still finished nineth. He's doing great I reckon.:s5

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
What is the official site for it....alas I can't pick up SBS so I have to resort to the online method of updates.

·
100% Speeding (when safe)
471 Posts
I really wanna have a go at something like that one day!! Caldecot spent $80,000 of his own and sponsors money all up to get him there are race! I wanna have a go in a Ford Turbo Territory!! Sponsor me Ford!! :-D!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The site is www.bfgoodrichtyres.com. I find it easier to go to Google and type in Paris Dakar click on english version (lot of french versions) scroll down till you see bfgoodrich and it will take you there. BFGoodrich is a major sponsor of Paris Dakar.
Andy did break his ankle in stage 7, don't know how bad but he finished the stage.
Kudo's to SBS for showing this in Prime Time. 7 or 9 it would have been on at 2am or some other stupid time.
This year there is a London to Sydney Rally, going thru Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran !!!
Should be good.!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts