Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am looking at getting a xr6 for my next car, probably a model made in the mid 90's. I was wondering is there any problem with parts for them, do I have to go Ford genuine for simple stuff like spark plugs, radiator pipes, oil filters etc. Or can I pick them up from my local repco/supercheapauto. I'm guessin it uses alot of parts from the falcon.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
G'day xrdude. You'll find that you can get a lot of simple stuff for an ED/EF XR6 from places like Repco etc. (like plugs, filters, pipes, bits and pieces). In general, the only time you'd need to go Ford genuine is if the genuine part was noticeably better than the alternatives, or if there were no alternatives. :)

Comments from the ED/EF/EL XR6 owners? :)

Mike

·
Registered
542 Posts
ok dude,

I agree with Mike, unless you really need panels or electrical parts you can most replaceable bits from your local supplier, Mine is an Ef XR6 wagon and I'm really questioning why I take it to Fords for services, Ok they use Motorcraft parts but arn't most of these made by other companies anyway. I think after you've owned a couple of cars you get to know what parts are good and you steer away from crap. I like Bosch, Ryco, Bendix (for brakes)etc none of these you'll get through Fords. Buy your XR6 I haven't regretted buying mine.

Paul B

·
Experimental Racer#6
8,192 Posts
HI GUYS
I MUST AGRE WITH MIKE & PAUL, I HAVE CURRENTLY GOT ANED XR6(PREVIOUSLY XGXR6 UTE),
THE PARTS ARE EASY TO GET, THE MAIN ONES ARE THE XR SPECIFIC PARTS, SUCH AS LIGHTS ,INDICATORS($85 TRADE)ETC. MOST THINGS I HAVE FOUND THAT FORD ARE VERY COMPETITIVE ON PRICE.
HOPE THIS HELPS
CHEERS
KERRY
P.S. XRDUDE YOU WONT REGRET YOUR PURCHASE, JUST GET IT CHECKED BY SOMONE WHO KNOWS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts