Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a 2015 Mustang and my passenger side window has started malfunctioning. I'm sure most people already know this but when you open the door on current year Mustang's the window goes down a little and right back up when the door is shut. My passenger window has start doing this when the door is shut. It will go up and down, up and down, etc. It is almost like it doesn't know if the door is open or shut. Ive even had it happen when the car is turned off and just parked in the driveway. Has anyone had this happen before? If so, what did you do to fix it?

·
Super Moderator
21,039 Posts
Try a reset ,
Hold the window switch all the way down........wait for the click.....then hold the window switch all the way up.......wait for the click.

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
I had the same issue after my car was jumped at the dealer for no reason. Its most likely the motor itself. I would try what Logan suggested first though. It seems to be a common issue with the s550 mustangs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,039 Posts
I had the same issue after my car was jumped at the dealer for no reason. Its most likely the motor itself. I would try what Logan suggested first though. It seems to be a common issue with the s550 mustangs.

Never known a dealership / workshop to go out of there way and jump start a car unless it was needed or without a good reason .It is perfectly normal on nearly every make of car to sometimes lose the window settings due to a drained / low battery , requiring resetting on many occasions . But other possible reasons , try the simple things first before getting too involved .

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
Never known a dealership / workshop to go out of there way and jump start a car unless it was needed or without a good reason .It is perfectly normal on nearly every make of car to sometimes lose the window settings due to a drained / low battery , requiring resetting on many occasions . But other possible reasons , try the simple things first before getting too involved .
Very sound advice and that is why I told the op to follow it first. However my story is a little out there and my dealer has proven to be incompetent. Long story short, I drove it there with no issues, they went to move it and said it had a dead battery, jumped it and performed service. Then stated I would need a new battery which I declined and was evidenced by my being able to start and drive way in the car. Also no presets on the radio were lost and the radio was still set to the channel I had it on before so I know the battery was never dead.

·
Super Moderator
21,039 Posts
They had to jump start your car and then the battery would be boosted by alternator when they used / serviced car throughout that day prior to you picking it up . A lot of radios / cars nowadays have memory storage that means you do not lose presets when battery low or disconnected for a short time .Modern cars which use non-volatile memory to store the data would still have it 20 years after the battery went dead. A relatively minor number of car makes and models store this data in volatile memory which is kept alive by a small, low-capacity battery within the receiver unit itself. They will lose presets when that little battery goes dead.

The OP is now being sidetracked , not needed or helpful to member .

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
They had to jump start your car and then the battery would be boosted by alternator when they used / serviced car throughout that day prior to you picking it up . A lot of radios / cars nowadays have memory storage that means you do not lose presets when battery low or disconnected for a short time .Modern cars which use non-volatile memory to store the data would still have it 20 years after the battery went dead. A relatively minor number of car makes and models store this data in volatile memory which is kept alive by a small, low-capacity battery within the receiver unit itself. They will lose presets when that little battery goes dead.

The OP is now being sidetracked , not needed or helpful to member .
Actually it’s quite relevant to the op because it seems jumping the battery causes this issue.

The reason I brought up the radio presets is because when they tried resetting the switch they unhooked the battery for 30 seconds or so and that would change the station. That did not happen when they jumped it at the dealer which points to the battery not being dead. I’m sorry that you do not agree but that is what happened and is a common problem with these cars.

·
Super Moderator
21,039 Posts
The OP does not mention jump starting , only you . So it is irrelevant . Why would they disconnect the battery rather than carry out the proper reset procedure which is easier ? I have advised the OP on a simple , common solution which has been backed by Bajarider who has forgot more about Mustangs , owns more , has far more knowledge and experience of working on them than you or I will ever gain . It has now developed into a discussion of you and your car which does not help the forum and nor reflect well for the forum . I do not want to carry on debating what happened or not with your car and concentrate on helping members . I have no desire to dignify any further comments with a reply . As far as I am concerned the matter is closed .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts