Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, thanks to a numb-nuts who didn't record a password I am left with an Excel file that is password-protected. Is there anything I can do to open it?

Thanks for any help as usual...

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
YES - I have a cracker for office files, send me a PM to get an email address to send it to, will crack it and send it back for you :0)

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
You could try importing the file to Microsoft Access - though it may ask for the password when you try this way. If it works, just export it back to Excel.

Another option is to try the "Insert file" option in Word. But again, you may get asked for the password - it is supposed to offer some protection!

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts
outback_ute, you have a PM. :hy: :s6:

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
I got around that once years ago.

I think I opened it in notepad or something else pretty basic as a comma seperated file. You loose all the formating and formula but get access to the basic data. You can then resave as Excel.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Lol

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
Do a search. You can find files you open in excel first before you open the password protected one that will allow you to open and view the file which will enable you to copy the contents out.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to the help of 3Toed, the file is open! Ambrose_1's theory was the basis for my optimism...

Thanks for all your input.

·
Full of useless info!
217 Posts
well how do you do it for the rest of us with these annoying files!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts