Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here had any experience with Pavtek? I was looking into their 3v heads for the clevo I'm building when their crate engines caught my eye. Any opinions on them? www.pavtek.com.au

·
74 XB Fairmont
5,113 Posts
I've got a Pavtek engine sitting under the bonnet of my XB. I can't say a bad word about them (**** and Theo). They are good at what they do and fast to boot. None of this BS taking months and months to sort an engine. My engine was around 4-5 weeks start to finish inc engine dynoing. I made 588hp @ 7200rpm and 500ftlbs torque with 393ci and 218cc 3V's. Ran 11.11's off the trailer on the best part of a 30deg day, with a 7 day old engine. You may have seen pics of my car and the write up in Performance Ford Magazine.

A 351 done by another company I had done took 4 months.

What are you buying from them? A complete engine? I personally would by the heads direct from CHI (http://www.chiheads.com). Probably saves you some $? Then just purchase a short motor from Pavtek.

My cars no drag car either. It runs normal shockers/springs not drag shocks or springs. No traction assistance like Caltracs or the likes. Basically I can drive the car to the strip, swap tyres race, swap tyres and drive home.

·
V8 man
73 Posts
brenx said:
I've got a Pavtek engine sitting under the bonnet of my XB. I can't say a bad word about them (**** and Theo). They are good at what they do and fast to boot. None of this BS taking months and months to sort an engine. My engine was around 4-5 weeks start to finish inc engine dynoing. I made 588hp @ 7200rpm and 500ftlbs torque with 393ci and 218cc 3V's. Ran 11.11's off the trailer on the best part of a 30deg day, with a 7 day old engine. You may have seen pics of my car and the write up in Performance Ford Magazine.

A 351 done by another company I had done took 4 months.

What are you buying from them? A complete engine? I personally would by the heads direct from CHI (http://www.chiheads.com). Probably saves you some $? Then just purchase a short motor from Pavtek.

My cars no drag car either. It runs normal shockers/springs not drag shocks or springs. No traction assistance like Caltracs or the likes. Basically I can drive the car to the strip, swap tyres race, swap tyres and drive home.
Dontcha just luv these big XB's brenx.. :hy:

·
74 XB Fairmont
5,113 Posts
gs1973 said:
Dontcha just luv these big XB's brenx.. :hy:
:priest: Can't wait to head out again to the strip. :driver: I've not completed all of the mods I wanted done before going again though. I've got a factory modified tank back in the car. I hated the cell. Not enough range off 60lt. New tanks 127lt. I've dumped the accel dizzy and fitted a MSD dizzy with locked mechanical advance. I'm yet to dump the extractors as they are smaller than the ones the engine was dyno'd with. I'm jumping up from 1 3/4" to 1 7/8". I might try drag springs/shocks one day?

·
V8 man
73 Posts
brenx said:
:priest: Can't wait to head out again to the strip. :driver: I've not completed all of the mods I wanted done before going again though. I've got a factory modified tank back in the car. I hated the cell. Not enough range off 60lt. New tanks 127lt. I've dumped the accel dizzy and fitted a MSD dizzy with locked mechanical advance. I'm yet to dump the extractors as they are smaller than the ones the engine was dyno'd with. I'm jumping up from 1 3/4" to 1 7/8". I might try drag springs/shocks one day?
Yeah,it would be interesting to see what she would do with drag shocks and springs.10's would be good!They are a big mutha!You should get some advice from some of the 'Experts' SOME OF THEM ARE IN THE 11'S WITH 250HP! :rofl2:

·
Registered
30 Posts
i've been asking around about pavtek and all i'm getting is good replies..
so your prob. on a good bet going with them... I am...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts