Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ford Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a breather filter on the front valve cover and I was wondering about the back valve cover....I took off the PCV hose going to the back of the engine and taped it off is there any thing i have to do to remove the pcv system completly?
thx
Zindane

·
Probe LX Member
36 Posts
I've got a filter on my front cover but the back is connected normally. I haven't really noticed the breather filter getting very dirty so I have decided to just leave the back vent hose in place. You might want to do the same. Really the reason I put the filter on the front hose is to prepare to install my cold air intake tube.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Yeah I got your email zindane, and basically that's the same setup that I have. The breather on the front, and I left the rear stuff alone. My breather filter on the front cover is perfectly clean, never had a drop of oil or anything come out of it. I only did it for the intake mod just like Pin. It does however allow the heads to vent nicely, so if you are not concerned with your emmisions (which is already void with the front breather), then go ahead and check that out, or I'll go out and check it for you when it gets warmer...... I don't think there would be any adverse effects taking of the back hose, if anything it should help - the emmisions system pretty much just dogs the engine anyways... good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts