Ford Forums banner

pcv valve

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  ras 
#1 ·
help, ea falcon won't idle, dies as soon as you start it. checked book out in library and it said to check the pcv valve. ok so disconnected the hose and car idles (rough but idles) put pipe back on , dies instantly.
so books said to take pcv out to clean and check, pull straight up it says.
well I can't get the thing to budge, is there a trick to it or have I not said enough foul words while pulling. some help would be great
cheers

#6 ·
thanks for that, will have another go tomorrow. do they they often take lots of pulling? I can twist it around no problem. thanks for the welcome and the advise. I'm a builder not a mechanic so I have to try to refrain from the "if in doubt bash it about and if that don't work get a bigger hammer" frame of mind.
cheers

#8 ·
Man for the life of me i could not get the pcv out of my ed cover in the end i took the cover off and broke the seal thing in two and removed it and replaced the seal. it looks daunting but is easy as piss.

6pAc.

#9 ·
i had to do what 6pac did and take the rocker cover off. only problem with that is the damn cover wouldnt move cos it had one of those cork gaskets on it. in the end i used a rubber mallet to knock the cover loose and did as 6pac did and proceeded to hammer out the old one and replace the seal.

If you've got the cash, i recommend a rubber rocker cover gasket. Costs 35-40 bucks but its reusable and makes taking the rocker cover gasket off, if need be, very easily.

Mick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.