Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone.

Any one from perth here that would be able to tell me of a decent place to take me car for some performance work, ie tuning and engine upgrades???

cheers boyz.

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
STROKEXD said:
What sort of car is it and how modified is it? I can tell you who not to go to via private e-mail..
So could I but I wont.. Ill tell ya now.
Total Performance in Morley
If you really want the best try A1 Performance in Myree
Ask for leon :edit:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Ha that wasn't no1 on my no go list but they're close...

Agree with A1 being great but if you can get Leon to do anything other than head work I'd be suprised..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i got a 351clev with some work done (4v closed, cam, 650dp, extr) but i was wanting to know, by test work, whether or not it was worth spending the cash for a decent 13sec 1/4mile or just keep it as it is. i mean i know the basics and some stuff but i'd rather have an expert do the shyte and tell me

but if i were to upgrade, first thing it needs is a tune, roller rockers, maybe a more street friendly cam, and a decent exhaust (one side is all ratty) oh and an opinion on the best carby. cos the flat spots are really shitting me.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Ideally go a 750DP Holley part #4779, will do ya for later mods also. Better again Performance Unlimited Welshpool have BG750's on special at moment, but still not cheap at $950. Putting a kit through the 650DP yourself will cost you $40 and 1/2 day or $150 to get someone else to do it - Perth Carburettor Centre are good (run by my Uncle!).

Southside Engine Centre good for dyno development work and general advice, so is Gary at Performance Unlimited, lots of knowledge on Clevelands.

Get a copy of the latest Perth Street Car mag, got heaps of adds for this sort of thing.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yeah that's him, a great guy, but thought they moved business recently or maybe they're going to...

If you are going there to get your 650 fixed up tell him you spoke to me, Brad Vivian.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i just spent 200 on a kit and clean (was chockas with silicone -of all things!) for my carby, but i was more looking at head work etc

·
«$k8 ø® Ðïè»
470 Posts
get perth street car mag,

its has heaps of performance places 2 go 2

thats alll i can say ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts