Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Loco
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AU series II. Stock at the moment (except for sound system)

What are some decent performance mods which can be done to this car? I wanna try to keep it a sleeper, so the mags and dropping it 3" will be going in after the engine is looking decent.

Ive been told just to do cat back with sports exhaust and extractors because the cat on the stock AUII isn't too bad. Is that right?

I assume naturally the exhaust will be the first mod to be done, but after that what should I be looking at? Looking for off the line speed instead of sheer top speeds.

·
Loco
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I did search but found nothing. Searched for Performance AU.

My plan is to get the sports exhaust done with extractors, then the K&N Air Filter and Cold Air Intake. This is all after my sound system is sweet.

Can anyone see any problems with that?

·
I want my brothers car.
258 Posts
If the exhaust system is a bit too much cash...look at doing the cold air first first, i did and i can't fault it. worth the money spent.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend.

For my money though doing it again I would go with the one tuners gear and get a set of the new Race series extractors and a 2.5" cat back exhaust with the stock cat. $1,000

Then look into the Dev3HL cam. $1000

After that for a street car there really is only a CAPA supercharger. $6,000

·
Registered
3 Posts
you can add things like 1/2 heat spacer to inlet manfold as used el gt 5.0ltr ,this does give you a little more .roller rockers increase performance without changing camshaft profile but they do take quite a bit of setting up ,ie they are usually provided with spacers to get correct lash ,this is the time consuming bit .high flo cats should be considered also (no point in getting it in if you can't get it out .)piggy back chips from aftermarket cost a lot & do little .for more information on these mods you can contact neville johnson @ wayne phillis ford (adelaide) on 08 83875777 .a friend of mine has all of this done on au fairmont 5.0ltr & it has acceptionally long legs & grunt to boot .

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
YES, Neville is a good bloke Ive dealt with him before, he knows what he's talking about. Be prepared to spend a decent amount of cash though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts