Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Today i was reading through the "Redback Performance Catalogue" at work and noticed they were selling High performance Throttle Bodies foe EF to AU 6 Cyl Engines,

I know that the Gen 3 guys love their throttle bodies, but have never seen or heard of anything for a falcon until now.

Here is the insert from the catalogue:

Throttle Body

These replacement throttle bodies are machined and modified to remove restrictions and allow throttle to open fully for increased airflow and a more responsive throttle.

Approx. Fitting time: 45 Minutes
Average Power gains: up to 8kw at rear wheels
Suits: 6 Cyl Only

Depending on price, this may be a cheap power upgrade i woulden't have considered before

They also have an CAI which consists of a snorkel and new filter box, Promising up to 7 kw at rear wheels and 5% improved economy, and king dragon filters with + 3kw at the wheels

regards,

Ash

·
EF & ZH owner
620 Posts
Yeah ive heard about these throttle bodies aswell, The redback CAI is the same as the SS inductions one so im lead to belive.. Which the Tickford XR8 Snorkel does just as damn good of a job as the SS inductions one.. 3+rwkw from a filter? I'd LOVE to see that! haha

·
If Only I Had Lexus Power
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is the same, it has an ss induction sticker on it in the catalogue, and is why i have the xr snorkel on my car

·
Look! A flying orangutan!
3,104 Posts
I don't see a throttle body making a difference on a stock motor. Maybe on a mild/hot motor or a blown one, but stock??

Nah, surely not!

Anyway, one of the Forum guys, Soxx I think it is, is doing one of his own. Ask him?

Alex

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
Stock TB is sufficent to 400bhp aparently. The Gen3 tb's are small as stock so they benifit from larger tb's. Same with windsors

·
Registered
27 Posts
would any of you guys have any numbers i could call and prices for the throttle body, i busted my balls ringing around and found nothing. I ended up sending my thortle body to EFIHard ware in melb to get it machine. i found they could only machine it 0.5 mm on each wall thus 1ml all round.

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
Joe can take it out 3mm in total for arround $75iirc. He was thinking about setting them up on an exhange basis.

For anything less than a blown or 300kw NA motor its a waist of time imo.

·
Look! A flying orangutan!
3,104 Posts
Yeah that's who it was - Joe. My bad :/

·
Registered
629 Posts
larger diameter throttle bodies don't do anything worthwhile for power on a stock or street modified I6 OHC motor.

It will just use more fuel.

These guys are just robbers trading on the fact that the GenIII was restricted by Holden with a small throttle body and that replacement throttle bodies do work on the GENIII.

there are some applications for a bigger throttle body on an I6 but not many street driven cars could benefit.

·
Registered
476 Posts
im not so sure on the fact you cant benefit on a slightly worked motor...

ive had this discussion with joe, i tested my car on the dyno last week and it was pulling 1.2+ inches of vaccum at only 4300. If taken to 5000+ with any more mods it would be an easy power gain to machine it out.

Im gonna get mine done anyway cos' i beleive that any vaccum at full revs shouldn't be there.

I know im gonna drop some bottom end power, but, who cares, every other mod you do to increase power has to lose some bottom end -well, N/A cars have to anyway

·
Registered
476 Posts
im not so sure on the fact you cant benefit on a slightly worked motor...

ive had this discussion with joe, i tested my car on the dyno last week and it was pulling 1.2+ inches of vaccum at only 4300. If taken to 5000+ with any more mods it would be an easy power gain to machine it out.

Im gonna get mine done anyway cos' i beleive that any vaccum at full revs shouldn't be there.

I know im gonna drop some bottom end power, but, who cares, every other mod you do to increase power has to lose some bottom end -well, N/A cars have to anyway

btw, mine is mirror finished and smoothed out, with one side of the throttle shaft removed for more flow anyway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
in the latest edition of ford performance mag herrods are selling a throttle body spacer block which agitates the air and makes it spiral. I'm led to believe that this will just make air flow smoother and it is supposed to make better fuel economy and 3rwkw. any comments on this??? Also would anyone know if fitting a xr8 snorkel to the xr6 replacing the xr6 snorkel make it perform the same as the ss induction???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
xr6rocket
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing