Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyone from WA got any stories from Last night at the fireworks?

One of my workmates was right next to the brawl on the south Perth foreshore, which got pretty nasty. Apparently a riot started while the cops were trying to stop people having a few beers before the fireworks started. And A couple of mates got fined for street drinking, besides that it was a pretty good night (until we tried to drive home anyway).

Anyway there are calls for the drinking and fire bans to be relaxed next year, so people can go and have a proper Aussie BBQ ,beer and all, sit back and watch the fireworks without being hassled by the man.

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
it was promoted as a family affair apparently...
No drinking and no glass bottles..

After what 300 odd people were treated for injuries you got buckleys of it being 'relaxed' next year

·
XR Wannabee
461 Posts
Yeah so much for the no glass bottles... I copped a beer bottle to the back of the head just after the fireworks finished, caught the little prick who did it and he got what he deserved, other than that didn't have any problems.

Im pretty sure that was just before the big brawls started because we headed off pretty quick. It seemed like the whole mood of the place just changed as soon as the fireworks finished, from a good Aussie atmosphere to everyone just looking to start something afterwards.

Had an awesome day tho, other than that little incident!

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
Damn, what is it with the ppl in perth ? :)
From the news report, perth also had the highest number of arrests on nye (like 2 or 3 times sydney or melbourne ).
Given the relative populations . . . are they putting something in the beer in WA ?

·
well hung
801 Posts
XR8 Lamah said:
From the news report, perth also had the highest number of arrests on nye (like 2 or 3 times sydney or melbourne ).
Given the relative populations . . . are they putting something in the beer in WA ?
Yeah i know. Every time WA is in the news it’s because of a riot at some 13 yo's birthday party because of gate crashers who have no life, or a punch up where some hero with a knife stabs a few people.

Is WA really that isolated from the rest of Australia and society in general?

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
We had a fantastic day! Definately the best day of the year for me. We where down on the south side near the causeway. No problems at all.

But when we where leaving, we where pulling our esky along(we tie a skateboard underneath) and where walking on the road. It was a closed road, or so i thought it was but there must have been a couple of cars leaving... and one turkey side swipes the esky!!! It was an accident, but the poor guy had a huge scratch in the side of his car and then sped off, as if I was the victim and didn't wanna buy a new esky!!

It was quite funnny really....

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
theman said:
Is WA really that isolated from the rest of Australia and society in general?
yes.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
XR8 Lamah said:
Given the relative populations . . .

"are they putting something in the beer in WA" ?

Ha It could be something they havn't put in the beer ???

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
I put alot of the gate crashing down to the fact that there is nothing else to do here.

I had a good day. Think i broke/cracked my ribs but, will know in a few days :)
didnt see any fights.
Only complaint was the guy singing kareoke at the carlton hotel.

A few years back i was in the middle of a riot. My mates got hammered by the cop horses :)
U know your night/partys over when the riot police turn up. Mean buggers they are.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only real problem i encountered myself was a heap of wankers who were pouring buckets of water on the people walking past their house on the way back to their cars. Besides that it was a pretty sane night, it was probably a good thing that most people had to work the next day.

·
Not a Twink
1,086 Posts
turboute said:
The only real problem i encountered myself was a heap of wankers who were pouring buckets of water on the people walking past their house on the way back to their cars. Besides that it was a pretty sane night, it was probably a good thing that most people had to work the next day.
If someone did that to me, I would of gone back the next day with 2 or 3 bricks and thrown them threw their windows.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Hey turboute, that wasnt in E-Perth was it? i know some tools who got a house there, and that sounds like somethin theyd do.

Simular thing happened to us last year, except they were using beer bottles instead of water :(

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was in south perth, only a few blocks up from the foreshore, there were heaps of people walking past too.

·
WA Eseries Rep
473 Posts
I was right on the south perth foreshore, but gf decided she wanted to leave befor the fireworks started (she wasn't feeling the best). We had just got onto Mill Point rd when the cops came in from every direction to go to the brawl.

Turns out someone I know got arrested and another pepper sprayed from the incident. I don't think they can stop it tho...just tools starting crap for fun...glad Spinksy caught the bitch, I was told of people lobbing beer bottles by another friend there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts