Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the time I have had cars I have learnt the true value of the saying "If you want something done right do it yourself". Now for one reasons or another you can't always do the job yourself. But I'm tired of having some monkey only half do the job of make stuff it up. So I'm seeking some people that know what they are doing and do it right.

I need to get the gear box checked out because it keeps going into limp home mode (I have found out want needs to be check by others on FF, but lack the tools and time to do this myself) and the mech. I normally use that is pretty good just gave me a blank look (not a good start). So does anyone know someone that is good with autos?

The 2nd is the Fairlane is coming up to 300k and is starting to show some signs that a rebuild is in order. Now is I did this I'd have the car in parts for over a year, is anyone recommended of this job?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I know I'll be shot down, but I have had no problems with Range Ford Maddington.
I have had my cars serviced elsewhere, cheaper. But when serviced by Range Ford, the cars run better. It is the old story,pay monkeys get monkeys. Until Range stuff me around,I'll recommend them.
Brisbane, Metro Ford, good deal from them,

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would recommend Ray Carvell at Carvell Automatic Transmissions 13 Sevenoaks Street, Bentley 9451 6795. I've been using him for many years. Clean tidy place, knows his stuff and reasonable prices. What more do you want.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Carbon Tune in the city is who i use. Ivan seems to know what hes doing. Its on Murry street.

As for rebuild, dunno.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've spent a good deal of time and money on the XB, and have learnt the hard way about how difficult it is to find someone that will do what they say they will.
Having said that, I cannot recommend Shannon at BG Autos in East Vic Park (9362 4960) highly enough. There is NOBODY else I would trust my coupe to, he's looked after it like a sore toe, and has been spot on with his advice and workmanship.
Oh .... and transmissions are his specialty.
If you go there - tell him Andrew with XB Coupe sent you.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts