Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Police Commissioner said today 'the Police state where the cameras will be situated. Not the Camera Committee. " There is a Committee that meets monthly to decide where the cameras will be placed. This is what we are led too believe. Now we are told the Committee meetings are meaningless. A waste of Govt $$$. It is the Police who say where the cameras are to be sited, not the Committee.
How much longer is this bull shit going to go on for ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I haven't heard anything about this or done any research. But, I reckon there's probably a little more into it then that.
By the sound of the name, the "Camera Committee" sounds like a group that works with the fixed camera's (like Tenix Solutions). And the police were stating that they decide where their mobile cameras go. Perhaps they weren't being specific enough.

Feel free to correct me though.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I dont think we have any fixed cameras in perth... though no doubt the govenment will be looking into it if they want to keep spending money the way they are. (on say...groups that decide where speed cameras should go but have no say in it)

·
1 bad 302
963 Posts
Unless things have changed, years ago the cameras at traffic lights had cameras in them on a rotational basis. In the past i have stopped when the lights changed and the car in front kept going, no flash coming from the camera on the pole. They are the only fixed cameras i'm aware of.

Whether they now have cameras in all of them, i would not know.

Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts