Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Maaaan, I wished you hadn't brought this up. The reason I've been off the computer today. Was because I went with my brother to have his/our dog put to sleep. He was 15yrs old, and in a great deal of pain. He started loosing hair, going deaf, coughing up fluid, arthritis, and started snapping at people. It's just been a very sad day. I'm gonna miss that dog a lot.

Sorry had to get that off my chest. Mo looks like a good dog, pretty to.

·
Moderator / Probe
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to here about your loss. It sucks when a close family pet has to die. In your case it may be for the better seeing that the Dog was in alot of pain. It hurts more sometimes seeing them suffer.

sorry again :(

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Thanks Don for the very kind words. It was the right thing to do. It hurt me just watch him trying to grasp for air. But he's in a much better place and not feeling any pain.

P

·
0 Posts
Stacy, very sorry to hear that, it sucks.

I went through the same thing last year. When my son was born I got
him a Australian Shepard that had been dropped off. The dog was
about six months old.

They grew up together, and the dog never knew it was a dog, it was
just like any other family member.

Fifteen years later she (the dog) started having bladder control problems,
but played and ate and didn't seem to be in any pain or anything.

One day she went out to her favorite play in the yard and just laid there,
wouldn't get up or anything. I called the vet, and he came over.

We were there with her and she just took a deep breath, then stopped
breathing, no whine or anything. It was very sad, even for a rugged
old Army Green Beret dude like me..

Never thought I would want another dog, but it was hard to come home
from work without a 'buddy' there to greet me, and as you know dogs
don't judge you, they don't demand much, a pat on the head, food, water,
and they will love you forever..

I got another young dog that someone had dropped off, a lab/collie mix,
and I took her to the vet to make sure she was okay. After just a few
months 'lady' is a big part of our life too, and already spoiled rotten, but
our other dog will always be special to us...

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Thanks everyone for the kind words. P71TIMES2 I'm sorry about your dog as well.

·
Mustang Cobra Member
41 Posts
Pets

I've had a lot of pets over the years and it really takes something out of you when you lose a good friend.
Currently I have a Black Lab, a Sheltie, a Sharpei, a Cocker Spaniel and 2 cats. My wife would make me sleep outside before she'd let the pets stay out all nite.

When I try to compose some pictures of the SSSNAKE around the yard, all the pets seen to get into the picture. Most of the time I'm too busy trying to get the light just right and don't notice that they're in the shot until I get my film processed. Ha. But they always add character to the shot.

As you can see by the following picture Jay (Blk Lab) kind of snuck in the shot.

P

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dog Stacy, it musta been hard to say goodbye... But think about it this way, your dog would be grateful to you cuz you saved him from a lot of pain and sufferings. I know it was and still is hard but you did the right thing you did what you had to do. Your dog is a lot happier now... Now just hold onto the the good memories and try not to think about the loss you have suffered, think about the good times.

P.S. :::sarcastic voice::: Nice timing Don, way to go... :rolleyes: !

·
Ranger Member
74 Posts
i'm probably going to get flamed for this, but i'm a cat guy (most guys are dog people) but anyway, i have a cat named Bob that i have had for about 9 yrs, and he has lived in 4 different states (moved around with us) and he has been my only friend sometimes when i find myself in a new state, and surrounded by unfamiliar things. he is everything to me, and when his time comes it is going to be very hard on me. he is getting up there in age, and i know some cats can live in their 20's, i just can't bare to think of my life without him. my family has always had animals and we have dealt with the losses that comes from being animal lovers, and i have found that when a pet passes away, often the only way to move on is to get another pet. i agree with P71times2 that pets are always there for you without asking for much in return. i'm very sorry to hear about the losses of some of you guy's pets. hope that you find another pet just as special to replace the void in your heart.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Hey, cats are cool. You can leave food and water for a cat, leave for a couple of days, come back and they'll always be some left . You can't do that with a dog. Cats can almost take care of them selfs. I like how they stalk as well.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Well since no one else is showing their pets, I will.

Here's my bunny, he's an English Angora and he's VERY VERY hard to keep brushed constantly! But he's the most gentle bunny. He's the only pet that I have, I am allergic to cats, although I love them, and dogs are ok, but I'd rather clean up pellets than linking logs anyday! The only trade-off is that of course, the bunny will not protect my house!

I don't really have a name for him except Funny Bunny because he makes me laugh when he jumps up into the air like a jumping jelly bean!

He's mostly for the kids to play with.

Anyone else have any pets they can show!?

·
A-Team Member
263 Posts

·
Ford Member
8 Posts
Stacy and P71Times2, sorry to hear about your dogs :(. My 14 yr old German Shepard was put down in April 1999 because of lyme disease in her kidneys.
Here's my dog a few years before she died, my cats Mag (7 yrs), Battery (7 yrs), and Turbo (6 months now, 5 weeks in the picture. Updating it soon)

M

·
0 Posts
Here's Nickey my buddy. She's 2 1/2 years old, and is a Golden Retriever and Black Lab crossbreed. Got the best of both breed's traits. She is playful, very active, and friendly with everyone. Loves to play in the snow and water.

Attachments

·
0 Posts
coool

Future 5.0, Main Coon cats are so cool when they're babies! I have cats, I dont really like dogs probably because my friend has a deaf dog thats crazy, smelly, and always wants to play rough.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
12 Participants
DanB
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing